PDA

View Full Version : I Want To Fly A Helicopter, Not Look At A Bunch Of Crazy Dials

stagger
17th Feb 2004, 20:17
Thought some of you might find this amusing (apologies if someone has already posted it)

http://www.theonion.com/4006/opinion1.html

the wizard of auz
17th Feb 2004, 21:12
He hehehe, sounds excactly like my approach to my first flight.
I have just about got the fuel gauge sorted out now........ a couple more to go. :}

Ascend Charlie
18th Feb 2004, 04:55
Does anybody pay real money to buy that paper?? With articles from "reporters" who have obviously never set their backsides in a helicopter?

Biggest load of cr@p I ever read, it was meant to be amusing, but missed the mark by a couple of futz-meters.

Flingwing207
18th Feb 2004, 05:55
Easy, A.C. -

it is a satire paper - nobody pays for it, and I'm sure you are right that the writers haven't been in a helicopter.

The Onion is pretty funny the way SNL is pretty funny - sometimes LMAO funny, sometimes no so.
The Onion (http://www.theonion.com)

Flock1
18th Feb 2004, 07:09
Maybe it's me, but I laughed out loud at the whole thing. Really funny article - but obviously meant in jest!

vorticey
18th Feb 2004, 10:43
funny?? i didnt see anything even humerous. just a confused fella that flew in the wrong machine for what he wanted to do. if he just wanted to have fun why didnt he take somthing with less gauges??:hmm:

FerociousFish
18th Feb 2004, 21:06
boy....some people just don't get irony...:p

ProfessorFate
19th Feb 2004, 05:26
And a pretty good one, too. My wife showed me that article when I came back from LongRanger training. She said that it sounded just like I did when I was starting out in this helicopter stuff.

Did anybody else laugh out loud at the part where they guy talks about that annoying buzzer that always comes on "...30 seconds into your flight"?

Cheers.

vorticey
19th Feb 2004, 08:46
would he take a trawler skiing? or a road train to the drags?
ive never been in one, maybe thats the problem:confused:

James Roc
27th Feb 2004, 00:44
Help, I'd love to read that article but the original link directs to the most current paper now...May be it's me but I couldn't find an archive section...