PDA

View Full Version : PPrune Clock??

Wing Commander Fowler
17th Feb 2004, 18:24
Just noticed it's out - reading ahead by 5 minutes?? Am I really in a time warp OR is it like the telly so they get a few minutes to edit out the swear words?

Am only worried cos my habits are scrutinised by the missus and that 5 minutes could get me into BIG trouble one day....hehe!

:}

BlueEagle
17th Feb 2004, 19:12
You're lucky! Down here it is out by an hour!

Wing Commander Fowler
17th Feb 2004, 19:26
Jeez an hour??

Well if it's out in the right direction I suppose you could be out of the window and safe tucked up back in the right bed...... hehe!

:ouch:

seacue
17th Feb 2004, 20:16
There is the Internet NTP [Network Time Protocol] or even the SNTP [Simple Network Time Protocol]. They have been implemented for a number of operating systems, but I'm not sure whether for Mac systems. Clock synchronization to well within a millisecond is normal.

BTW, the "father" of NTP is something of an aviation buff - keeping track of even which runway his airliner uses at each airport. His eyesight is too poor to drive, much less be a pilot. He's located at the Univ of Delaware, USA. IIRC the NTP document is Internet RFC 1305. There is an active newsgroup.

sc

Wing Commander Fowler
17th Feb 2004, 20:23
Err......... ok! :ugh:

P.Pilcher
17th Feb 2004, 20:54
According to my "super accurate" hand held GPS, the PPRune Clock is 2 minutes fast - immediately after page refresh. Don't forget that if you spend five minutes reading a page, the clock will read the time when our hard worked server first dished it up to your computer.

P.P.

FJJP
17th Feb 2004, 23:37
According to my sooper-dooper Rugby-controlled radio clock, Prune time is GMT+5.something mins. But hey! Who cares?! Life is too short and in any case, what's a few mins between friends?

DX Wombat
22nd Feb 2004, 22:37
For those of you worried about your timekeeping try: http://www.worldtimeserver.com it's a free link to your local atomic clock (Rugby for those in UK) All you need do is ping it every so often an d it will update the time on your computer if necessary. :ok:

Danny
23rd Feb 2004, 05:59
The PPRuNe server is running slightly fast. Will correct it when I get a chance.

In the meantime, if the time as displayed on posts is out by an hour or more then you probably need to tell us what time zone you live in. You do this by setting it it in your User CP (http://www.pprune.org/forums/usercp.php?s=) (Control Panel).

The PPRuNe server is set to UTC/Zulu/GMT. The cookie that is set by PPRuNe adjusts the displayed time on your computer (as long as your PC's clock is set correctly) with an offset to the PPRune server time. :confused:

BlueEagle
23rd Feb 2004, 18:48
Time correct now, have selected the +11 time zone. - The list doesn't give the option for East Australian Standard Summer Time, our clocks are plus one hour until the end of March, then we put them back for winter.
(Queensland doesn't change winter/summer so they remain +10).