View Full Version : Who is Airborne Personnel?

B747 Plumber
17th Feb 2004, 08:27
Question?

Who is Airborne Personnel Ltd recruiting B747,757 & 767 crews for? Saw an advertisement at climbto350 dated 29 Jan looking for crews. Crawley, that sure sounds suspiciously like Air Atlantia.
If so, I won't waste the time to send a fax!

The Plumber

Flight Detent
17th Feb 2004, 09:30
Hi 747 Plummer,
probably a good thing, I sent Airborne Personnel a fax over a week ago and so far have had no response, I'm B747 flight crew!

Probably looking for fully qualified/experienced people who live just around the corner!

Cheers:confused:

Phil Squares
17th Feb 2004, 14:01
Plumber, you got it right. It's ACE reincarnated. The operation is run by none other than Jerry O'Springer. He will talk and his lips won't even move.

Air Atlanta is in a bind trying to get crews when so many are leaving, fed up with things. Plus, the new and improved contract didn't help either.

Best advice, stay away!!!!:cool:

B747 Plumber
17th Feb 2004, 14:26
Thanks Phil.
Did "some time" at AA in the past. No desire to go. Not being a "fish head" you aren't treated fairly.
I know about ACE but I do not know the name Jerry O. Who is he? Thanks

richterscale10
17th Feb 2004, 14:53
Hi guys........wots so bad about AA?
Is it the normal mushroon syndrome - or more obscene than that. One of my mates flies off today to FRA to train with them.......should I cx his boarding pass?

Phil Squares
17th Feb 2004, 19:39
B747 Plumber...Jerry O'Sullivan came from Direct. He has been there for about 18 months or so. He is the one directly responsible for the "new and improved" contract.

Your comments about "fish heads" or "rock heads" is spot on. In fact, it's even gotten worse with the new contract.

I don't know if I would cx my friend's trip to FRA, but if I were him, I'd have my bags always packed. I left several months ago and it was the best move I made.

Richterscale10...I'd suggest looking at some AAI threads. It's way beyond the mushroom syndrome it isn't even funny any more...

Cheers:ok:

Thermal
18th Feb 2004, 18:00
It's an interesting job. Much better than none. Sure helps to pay the bills!
:ok:

18-Wheeler
19th Feb 2004, 03:31
On the other side of the coin, some of us actually like working for them.
True enough rostering is a bit of a shambles all too often, but by & large it's not too bad.

Phil Squares
19th Feb 2004, 05:13
Bill, what Hajj are you doing? Also, what about upgrade? Have heard none at all...anything in writing?

18-Wheeler
19th Feb 2004, 16:46
I'm quite happy hiding away on the freighters, and so missing out on the Hajj all together. ;)
I'm on the 'assessment course' for the upgrade, everyone is still waiting to hear who gets the nod yet.

Paladini
29th Feb 2004, 10:11
18-wheeler....

glad to hear you got picked up again for the assessment.....a long wait since 9/11, eh?

just a word of advice, be VERY circumspect about your involvement with, and idolisation of Robbo. You might be tarred with the same brush, so to speak. With your raw qualifications you have a good chance and will no doubt replace him, in order. Beware...he won't hesitate in "helping" you with a knife in the back. Caveat Emptor!

Atlanta-Driver
29th Feb 2004, 13:52
Not a bad job at all and like you said 18-wheeler, some of us actually like working for the company.
Scheduling has not been a problem with me and I got the base I requested. So I can't really complain.

PIA747
29th Feb 2004, 15:28
is the salary still 250$ per day for captains? Who is offering the better contract, Airborne or Direct?

Paladini
1st Mar 2004, 17:42
Airborne and Direct contracts are "supposed" to be identical following 1 Jan 2004.

$250/day is still irrelevant! There is some leeway for longevity now...and loyalty to AAI

Phil Squares
1st Mar 2004, 19:01
Too bad that loyalty doesn't run in the other direction. Completely one sided.....Plus, there are still "deals" to be cut if you know the right people. Bad thing if you ask me...

Thermal
2nd Mar 2004, 22:36
I've got a long term contract and it's not too bad at all. Better than some contracts that are about ..... not as good as the best granted, but a big step in the right direction.

Phil Squares
3rd Mar 2004, 04:02
Thermal, glad you have some long term security. However, could you tell us some of the details of the "new and improved" contract. For instance, days off/month where you can go home to your family, rates of pay on the old contract and the new contract, seniority bidding for schedules.

I am sure people who are sitting on the fence would like to know.

Thanks

Thermal
3rd Mar 2004, 23:51
Basically, 6 weeks on and then 2 weeks off at home all on pay. Overall I'll bring home more money this year than I did last year. This is because I was sent "on vacation" for 2 months on no pay!

Phil Squares
4th Mar 2004, 05:24
Thermal, good for you. The last official deal I saw was you got 42 days off per year and it was a decrease in the rate of pay. The carrot was the bonus which would have resulted in more pay than you currently got. When did they go to the 6/2 schedule? Other guys I have gotten emails from haven't gotten that deal. And in fact, some guys are now leaving just because of that. :ok: