PDA

View Full Version : Sending in my CV

fflyboy101
17th Feb 2004, 05:57
Hi everyone

Not really sure if I should post this in Jobs, sponsorship section but here goes.It's really aimed at Chief Pilot's and operators.

I am due to graduate from my JAA CPL(H) course within the next few months and like everybody else have been sending out my CV to charter companies and schools. My main reason for this is to be able to network. I realise the problems with experience etc... but if you don't ask, you don't get.

Do you guys/girls get sick of people like myself sending in CV's with low hours, or would you rather we wait until we gain experience?

Do most companies tend to keep hold of CV's or are all jobs by word of mouth?

I aplolgize if this has been done before, but like the profession, I'm new.

PPRUNE FAN#1
17th Feb 2004, 07:15
Fflyboy101: Check your private messages (it's in the "Hop To" menu).

paco
17th Feb 2004, 19:07
Personally, I've always been happy to give jobhunters a few minutes, as long as they bring the doughnuts and don't mind me working while we chat, although this has got me into trouble with the CEO more than once!

But you're right, there is an element of sameness about the stuff that comes on to the desk - unless there's something startling on the front page, I always feel you would benefit more from personal visits, but that's not always possible. Getting to know people on the shop floor is always a good thing as Chief Pilots often ask within the company first if anyone knows somebody suitable when a job comes up.

Good luck!

phil

fflyboy101
17th Feb 2004, 19:13
Thanks for that Phil:ok: