PDA

View Full Version : First airline position - help required

Capt Thunder
17th Feb 2004, 03:36
Any help/ guidance/ advice on obtaining first airline position would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a 33 yr old CPL/ IR with 900hrs mainly on single/ multi piston aircraft who hasn't even managed to get an interview yet let alone any offers.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions will be greatly received.

exeng
17th Feb 2004, 03:57
Best of luck to you.

There is a forum for just this sort of thing. Have a look here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=104

Regards
Exeng

BoeingMEL
17th Feb 2004, 05:18
Well Capt T, you've got more hours than many candidates and your age shouldn't be a prob. Keep talikng to people in the industry, read EVERYTHING, use Pprune fully, keep applying but don't give up! Maybe the nest step might be to build-up some turbine time? KingAir f/o maybe? Good luck, bm

TwoDots
18th Feb 2004, 02:24
Try FLyBE (Exeter) - they're always looking for Dash-8 drivers ...

dreamingA380
18th Feb 2004, 21:40
Hey buddy you have similar age and experience to me...
I'm 31 with 1100Hrs and also still looking for first airline break.

http://www.ppjn.com is a useful point of reference.

good luck, keep flying and it will happen....well that is what I keep saying to myself!.

But joking aside I know plenty of guys with similar experience now working for the likes of Flybe, Eastern etc.

A few others have bought their own rating.... but that is another story!.

Manflex55
18th Feb 2004, 22:20
& you've got one more year to apply to the ATP Scheme... isn't life great?

Pin Head
19th Feb 2004, 01:25
Get some more experience if i were you. you hear two many people winging about not getting a job, get in the air, instructing easiest way and it will happen. you can buy a licence but it is alot harder to buy a job.

Harves
21st Feb 2004, 09:59
PinHead,

I am an easy going guy to put it mildly, but your last post has slightly got my back up. I don't know your degree of experience in trying to gain airline worthy experience, but I assure you it is tough, instruction included.

I also know that the Flybe route is not too comfortable depending on age. I am not being negative, but I have to say that I have found some ignorance from people within there own industry immensely frustrating.

touch&go
21st Feb 2004, 18:01
Nothing wrong with PinHeads post, honest and straight to the point, thats the advice that I give to friends looking for the first position, it has never been easy to get your first job even during the good times so stop picking holes in good advice.

Good luck.