PDA

View Full Version : Stansted Parking

newswatcher
16th Feb 2004, 20:47
Anyone else who has been appalled by the price of car parking at Stansted, may be pleased to hear of eparking (http://www.eparking.uk.com/start.asp) This firm allows you to do 2 days at mid-term for £19 (£9.50/day), instead of the rip-off £25+ that other firms seem to want, or they hide behind a three day minima!

When I can park securely near Heathrow (15-20 minutes transfer) for a day at £7, I do feel that Stansted are ripping me off!

Departures Beckham
17th Feb 2004, 00:57
While we're on the subject, anyone travelling to/from London may want to consider taking the Airbus from Stratford rather than the Stansted Express. The Airbus only takes about ten minutes more but costs just £6. It operates every 30 minutes 24/7, and Stratford serves the Central and Jubilee Lines, Docklands Light Railway and National Rail Services. Go to www.gobycoach.com for full details.

Other Airbus services operate to/from Golders Green, Marble Arch and Victoria. After midnight some Airbus's also serve Liverpool Street.

PilotsPal
17th Feb 2004, 22:08
The STN long stay operated by Pink Elephant is now charging £7.20 a day but the transfer between car park and terminal has on recent occasions taken me up to 40 minutes. The service isn't always predictable and it was with a mounting sense of financial angst I made it out through the barrier last Sunday evening with a minute to spare before the next £7.20 bit.

I haven't used the the Stratford Airbus service yet but have heard good reports of its reliability from others.

LGS6753
18th Feb 2004, 02:49
So the answer is...

Use Luton, not Stansted (where possible).

phreegreens
19th Feb 2004, 01:48
newswatcher is spot on about the price of parking at STN.

The eparking mid-term is well worth using, think it beats the Pink Ele' Long Term for stays < 7 days. Lot of buses in the morning peak.

The £9.50 daily rate newswatcher mentions is the book in advance price, £12.50 if you turn up and pay.

:ok:

Runway 31
22nd Feb 2004, 21:56
I paid £28:50 at Stansted a fortnight ago to park in the mid term car park from 1500 on the Friday until 1900 on the Sunday night.

Extortionate.

There were also large crowds waitning for the bus back and it was a mad scramble to get on.

Thank god I was travelling alone and did not have my wife or kids with me

BEagle
23rd Feb 2004, 06:13
........and it was once all so easy.

Back in my happy days of buzz-ing across to real, not O'Leary, Frankfurt :{, I'd park, get the bus which was invariably only a few minutes' wait, a quick trip to the terminal, check-in with the happy buzz gang and then have a light lunch before my cheap Friday afternoon flight..... Always good value, punctual and clean.

So what's gone wrong? Why has it all turned to poo?

I also used the coach from Oxford, but it became a longer and less reliable trip after they added a few stops to the journey.....

So nowadays it's swallow my pride and take public transport to Thiefrow - or drive to the vastly better and substantially cheaper Birrmigoom airport.

Departures Beckham
24th Feb 2004, 08:27
This weeks Stansted Life newspaper has an advert for a weeks parking (off-airport) for just £39.99 including a free transfer. The only problem is that there's no phone number or company name listed, just a web address. This web address (www.stanstedparkandfly.com (http://www.stanstedparkandfly.com)) is currently linked to a holding page so we may have to wait a little longer.

If someone can post here when they notice the website as being available and of course any reviews of the service will be good.

phreegreens
25th Feb 2004, 04:03
tag the page with these fellows and they will send you an email when it changes, damn useful service

Web Page Change Detection (http://www.changedetection.com/monitor.html)

:ok:

Departures Beckham
1st Mar 2004, 07:20
The website is now up and running, and claims:

Personal drop off & collection in luxury fleet
Secure parking (24 hr CCTV fenced compounds)
Fastest to the terminal – 15 minutes to the terminal
Lowest cost all year round ( No summer increases)

It's located off the A120 between the airport and Braintree, but booking seems to only be by telephone.

BEagle
8th Mar 2004, 03:40
"Our staff will ensure your vehicle is ready for your journey home"
"5 days minimum"
"Parking at owner's risk"

Hmm. No thanks. That would mean that I'd have to leave my car keys with them for 5 days - how else could their 'staff' ensure that my vehicle would be ready for my journey home? And no, I won't accept that I'm parking at my own risk in "secure parking (24 hr CCTV fenced compounds)"? Are those compounds on their site- or would their 'staff' move my car to some remote site??

When I park my car, it is immoblised and I keep my keys. "Forget about your car until one of our drivers collects you on your return" - I don't think so!!

Or am I just overly suspicious?