View Full Version : Qantas recruitment process question

miz_dynamite
16th Feb 2004, 15:59
Hi All,

Just have a query for anyone who's been through the Qantas recruitment process...what's next after the medical exam?

Thanks heaps :)

AIRBUST
16th Feb 2004, 16:26
Hi,
What's next! A wait that is longer than christmas. I had my medical last year in January. I then received a letter in March 2003 advising me i was on the short-list and would be advised when a school would take place. I am still waiting along with MANY others.
Do you have a medical? Have you been interviewed recently?
Good Luck,

miz_dynamite
16th Feb 2004, 16:43
Thanx for your reply Airbust :)

Sorry I should have said that my application is for Qantas Jetconnect which is the domestic (and also does a few Aussie cities) service here in NZ and their next training intake is in March.

I'm having the medical tomorrow and then I guess it'll be the same for me...just wait and see where it goes from there. Originally I went to an Open Day and progressed to the group interview the next day, then got the chance to have an interview with the Jetconnect recruitment people later that afternoon. So far the whole process has only taken 2 and a half weeks. They definitely need more crew due to the extra aircraft and flights being added. This has been my first attempt and it's been an intersting experience to say the least...totally worth the effort though!

Good luck to you too and I hope you don't have to wait much longer :)

overhere
17th Feb 2004, 09:50
G'day miz,

After the medical stage your application will be reviewed and then an offer made if applicable, there are no further "stages" after that. You are however required to successfully pass training and security checks to come "on line".

Well done on getting through to the medical stage, there were a huge amount of applicants from the open days.

Jetconnect is really great to work for, we have a great team of people from management down.

Hope to see you flying with us soon!

miz_dynamite
17th Feb 2004, 16:26
Awesome! Well I just hope my medical was all good...it's sure going to be a nervous wait now until I hear back...got my fingers and toes crossed :)

Hope to be flying with you soon!

Cheers :)