View Full Version : Raf Oasc

v1_rotate_v2
15th Feb 2004, 17:54
I am sure there will be some questions as below in the RAF OASC interview:

1.What qualities are require in the RAF commissioned and Non-Commissioned Officers?

2.What is the difference between officer and a senior Non-Commissioned Officer?

3.What have the roles of NATO change in the past few years?

4.Where overseas might the RAF be currently operating?

However, I am not sure how sould I answer those question, especially, question 1 & 2. I would be appreciated if someone could give me some advices to tackle them.

MobiusTrip
16th Feb 2004, 04:19
Try a search of this site using "OASC" as a keyword - common sense is one of the qualities you'll require if you wish to get through selection. There are a few threads running on similar topics right now. Have a look at them!

And remember - it's hard, but SOMEONE'S got to do it, and that someone could be you. Don't get 'stalled' by the stats on how many apply vs actually get accepted - if you have what it takes (and you learn your stuff etc) then you'll get in. However, it might take a few (or more!) attempts.

MT

Unmissable
16th Feb 2004, 04:39
Here's a theory! (and NOT intended to cause offence to you or anybody specific)

If every intake at IOT has 2 plonkers on it then why not ask if you could have a reserved slot as one of those plonkers...since they usually seem to graduate!!

Good luck

MobiusTrip
16th Feb 2004, 04:58
Yes, but be quick - those 'plonker' slots go very early.... I am sure some people are just put through to test the system - trouble is that some DO get through :0

MT :-)