PDA

View Full Version : Great job for people with personality disorders!

virgin
8th Nov 2001, 01:22
As I was paying a 40 parking ticket tonight (meter ran out 11 mins before free parking started) I started wondering whether there is any other job apart from traffic warden/clamper/vehicle remover where you spend your entire working day spoiling someone else's day.
Couldn't think of one.

Can anybody else?

[ 08 November 2001: Message edited by: virgin ]

Send Clowns
8th Nov 2001, 01:38
Interrogators who trained us in the services in resistance to interrogation. Got to be seriously screwy! :eek:

tony draper
8th Nov 2001, 04:17
How long did one hold out Mr C, Draper would have sung like a canary, if fact they would have probably clubbed Draper into uncousiousness to shut him up. :eek:

Send Clowns
8th Nov 2001, 04:56
About 7 hours Mr Draper, though we didn't know it at the time. Sense of time disappears rapidly, and I thought I still had hours to go. Luckily ours was stopped a little early, for English Heritage to look over the building as it was to become a tourist attraction (an old fort).

HugMonster
8th Nov 2001, 05:22
Employees of Her Majesty's Inland Revenue
CAA Flight Operations Inspectors
Dentists
Accountants
and (sore personal experience here)
Dole Office Staff

Evanelpus
8th Nov 2001, 12:58
Child Support Agency

Says it all really

aidybennett
8th Nov 2001, 18:08
Writers of the ATPL exam questions.

traveler
8th Nov 2001, 18:16
Those annoying phone salespeople who always call at the wrong time.
(to sell a retirement package or insurance policy or a newspaper).
Do they ever get a normal answer ?
Do they deserve one ?

Oh, and again ... the Jehovah's witness at the door !!!!!

RW-1
8th Nov 2001, 18:22
Colo-rectal surgeons and Proctologist's.

Tricky Woo
8th Nov 2001, 19:18
Hi All,

I always thought you'd have to be an evil sod to ever want to want to work for the Inland Revenue as a Tax Inspector.

Er, unless one is listening, in which case...
...f**k right off, f**kwit, 'cos I'm Offshore with a capital 'O' and you can't sodding well touch me... nah-nah-nah-nah-nah.

TW

sweety
8th Nov 2001, 19:27
I totally agree about those salespersons on a phone! Absolutely hate them! Me and my other half are actually competing about who will be nastier with them!

But I guess it's their job! Who knows - maybe I'll have to do the same for the living now when I lost my job!?
...........!!!!!

No ....... way! :eek:

The Guvnor
8th Nov 2001, 22:44
Hmm, Send Clowns - this wasn't a certain fort in Portsmouth was it?

tony draper
8th Nov 2001, 23:02
Draper would have made you talk, he would have tied you up and tickled your feet,,always works does that. ;)

Send Clowns
9th Nov 2001, 04:06
No Guvnor, but not far from there.

Ah, Mr Draper, but physical violence and tickling are not allowed. The Geneva convention is very strict on such things! :eek:

tony draper
9th Nov 2001, 04:13
Jeez, first the Thumbscrews and Rack go the journey, now no tickling?, how the hell do the luvies expect us to put folks to the question?. ;)

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Flying Farmer
10th Nov 2001, 17:46
:D :D
Sweety,

Ref any probs with repeated telesales calls there are a couple ways of handling the problem,

1:Say NO to everything they say.
2:Tell them you're standing there bollock naked and ask them what there wearing.

Usually works !!!

FF

M.Mouse
10th Nov 2001, 17:50
Flying Farmer

I like those suggestions but my preferred method is to ask them if they would mind holding for a moment and then leave the telephone handset on a cushion or whatever and carry on with doing whatever it was before they interrupted me.

No idea how long they wait for me to come back.

Makes me chuckle anyway!

ehwatezedoing
10th Nov 2001, 23:09
How about terrorism :confused:

[ 10 November 2001: Message edited by: ehwatezedoing ]

JPJ
11th Nov 2001, 13:31
I'm so glad than nobody has suggested Magistrates.

captainowie
12th Nov 2001, 15:21
So what do they use, if not violence or tickling?

Could come in handy some day.... :D