PDA

View Full Version : Two Dead In Glider Crash

penash
15th Feb 2004, 16:12
TWO people were killed when their aircraft, believed to be a glider, crashed on the NSW north coast today, the NSW ambulance service said.

Details were still sketchy but an ambulance spokesman said the aircraft crashed on the Woodburn-Coraki Road about 5km west of Woodburn, south of Ballina, about 5.15pm (AEDT).

"Five ambulance crews attended but tragically there were two deceased upon arrival of ambulance," the spokesman said.

Disco Stu
15th Feb 2004, 18:38
The ABC are telling a different story, oh well the ability of the press to 'tell a story' has not been one of their strengths.

From http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1045376.htm

Last Update: Sunday, February 15, 2004. 9:07pm (AEDT)

Two killed in NSW ultralight crash
A man and a woman have died in an ultralight plan crash on the New South Wales far north coast.

Police received a report of an overdue aircraft a short time before the plane's wreckage was discovered.

It is believed the crash happened between 3:15 and 3:30pm AEDT in a paddock south of the town of Coraki, near Ballina.

The crash sparked a small fire, which was quickly dealt with.

Police say both the 58-year-old pilot and his 43-year-old female passenger were from the local area.

Meanwhile, a man has been killed in a hang-gliding accident on Victoria's Mornington Peninisula.

Police say the man in his 40s crashed during a flight on Portsea's back beach.

Disco Stu

Fly Stimulator
18th Feb 2004, 07:36
I don’t browse this forum often, and I hadn’t noticed this story until I got a late-night call from the other side of the world tonight to tell me that an old and dear friend had been killed in an air crash in Australia.

I know nothing about the accident apart from what has been posted here and a couple of local press reports I’ve found on the web. My friend was the passenger and the flight was a present for her birthday which would have been the next day.

I don’t want to sound too trite so I’ll just say that she was a wonderful nurse, wife, mother and friend.

Rest in peace Ally.