PDA

View Full Version : IR test routes

Tight circle
15th Feb 2004, 04:03
Will soon be starting my IR training and fancy spending some time practicing past test routes on my sim, just to pass the time constructively....:o)

I should be taking the flight test from Bournemouth so is there anybody who took their test down here who could tell me what their test route / profile was so i might give it a go.

expedite_climb
15th Feb 2004, 05:57
Sorry cant answer the qu specifically, but give the school a ring and theyll tell you. I did just this when I did my IR at bristol 4 years ago, and found that when I eventually started the training, the fact that I knew all the procedures inside out already helped no end.

Good luck.

Keygrip
15th Feb 2004, 07:50
The only one I know is BOH - NEDUL - SAM - ROSUN (leaving CAS, btw) - BOH (to hold) - Proc. NDB - Radar ILS

Send Clowns
15th Feb 2004, 08:03
Mine was EGHH (B'mouth) - NEDUL - ORTAC - EGJA (Alderney) and return.

This is typical. The other destinations are Exeter, Bristol (can't remember Filton or International), Cardiff, Yeovil Judwin (Augusta Westland) and Southampton. Will try to post more details over the next couple of days, they are sitting on my desk at work!

Say again s l o w l y
15th Feb 2004, 08:05
I did Bournemouth-NEDUL(N866)-ALD(hold and NDB)-THRED-IOW(for general handling)-Bournemouth(ILS and cct)

NEDUL and THRED may have been the other way around, it was 4 years ago!

7-Zark-7
16th Feb 2004, 00:19
Mine was EGHH-Adson-Exmor-A25-TINAN-DCT EX, Radar ILS then direct back to BIA for a Hold and Single Engine NDB and single engine circuit.

Other Routes were EGHH-Adson-Exmor-A25-CDF or Bristol.
EGHH-THRED-N866-ORTAC-ALD. A short route was EGHH-Nedul - SAM - BIA. Sometimes if going North West they would route via YVL.

buttline
16th Feb 2004, 09:48
EGHH - Nedul - SAM - Hold, Proc NDB, depart towards ADSON for general handling, back to EGHH for RV SE ILS to GA followed by circuit work.

Heard a rumour that Exeter is now closed to training. If it's true, that's good for you because it was a very confusing procedure!

Good luck.

p.s. When you select the gear up, be sure to say "the gear is up" when the lights actually go out - that was their 'thing of the moment' when I did my test last year..