If he doesn't!!!! Can I be?? :D

Tamara
6th Nov 2001, 03:35
sorry, gul....
only the one.
Melanie T

GROUNDHOG
6th Nov 2001, 03:38
Yeah but Tamara you can't be sure until you have checked out some of us others?

tony draper
6th Nov 2001, 04:23
If you wish to be avenged on this bounder Miss T, Draper still takes the occasional contract, just to keep his eye in as it were.

dingducky
6th Nov 2001, 04:24
oh great
now i have that song stuck in my head

tears on my pillow
pain in my heart
caused by you
love is not a gaget
love is not a toy
when you fnd the one you love
she'll fill your heart with joy

if we could start anew
i wouldn't hesitate
i'd gladly take you back
and tempt the hands fate

ANGELONE
6th Nov 2001, 05:56
ohhh dear tears before bedtime

I guess there can be only one!!!!!

ps: when is the final battle and can I sell tickets

Throtlemonkey
6th Nov 2001, 07:45
I'm sory Tamara but now you know never to trust a man who drives a holden.

Paterbrat
6th Nov 2001, 08:37
Or drinks XXXX

BlueDiamond
6th Nov 2001, 08:53
Or who wears a chippendale suit and drinks Glenlivet from a bucket. :eek:

Tricky Woo
6th Nov 2001, 13:13
Ok, hands up that chap who knocked off Tamara.

Biggles Flies Undone
6th Nov 2001, 15:00
Talking about being reminded of songs, one just entered my head too, unfortunately. Remember that horrible sickly-sweet little brat in the film Annie singing it?

Tamara, Tamara, I’ll love yoooo Tamara......
:D

PilotsPal
6th Nov 2001, 15:55
Who didn't take his pill this morning???

Firestorm
6th Nov 2001, 17:06
Tamara,

This wasn't the result of a Pprune Bash was it?

Reddo gave me a very sage piece of advice a while ago when I was in a similar situation: "You've got a motorbike so what's the problem?" It worked for me, so maybe it can work for you. If you haven't got a motorbike, then maybe now's the time.

Good luck, be strong. ;)

Feeton Terrafirma
6th Nov 2001, 17:11
Gezzzz who's the FLB?

:D

Tamara
7th Nov 2001, 00:31
feetie....boohoo

Mel :(

Feeton Terrafirma
7th Nov 2001, 18:57
Hey Mel,

Pprune email is broken :(

I didn't get your email hunny :(

And I know who I am :)

OzExpat
7th Nov 2001, 19:21
Feeton...

I know who I am

Yeah, you're the bloke who ...

wears a chippendale suit and drinks Glenlivet from a bucket.] :D

You and Tamara will laugh about this whole episode ... after the divorce! :p

Biggles Flies Undone
7th Nov 2001, 20:07
RELATIONSHIPS:

When a relationship ends, a woman will cry and pour her heart out to her girlfriends, and she will write a poem titled "All Men Are Idiots" or post some silly stuff on PPRuNe. Then she will get on with her life.

A man has a little more trouble letting go. Six months after the break-up, at 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, he will call and say, "I just wanted to let you know you ruined my life, and I'll never forgive you, and I hate you, and you're a total floozy. But I want you to know that there's always a chance for us."

This is known as the "I Hate You I Love You" drunken phone call, and 99% of all men have made it at least once. There are community colleges that offer courses to help men get over this need.

SEX:
Women prefer 30-40 minutes of foreplay.
Men consider driving back to her place as part of the foreplay.

MATURITY:
Women mature much faster than men.
Most 17-year old females can function as adults.
Most 17-year old males are still trading Pokemon cards or dreaming about becoming pilots.
This is why school and PPRuNe romances rarely work out.

MAGAZINES:
Men's magazines often feature pictures of naked women or aircraft.
Women's magazines also feature pictures of naked women. This is because the female body is a beautiful work of art, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day. Men are turned on at the sight of a naked woman's body. Most naked men, however, elicit laughter from women. As for aircraft, women could not care less, unless it is taking them to a sunny place where they can send postcards home to hack off their friends.

BATHROOMS:
A man has six items in his bathroom - a toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, a razor, a bar of soap and a towel nicked from a hotel.
The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 437. A man would not be able to identify most of these items.

GROCERIES:
A woman makes a list of things she needs and then goes out to the store and buys these things.
A man waits till the only items left in his fridge are a lump of mouldy cheese and a beer. Then he goes grocery shopping. He buys everything that looks good. By the time a man reaches the checkout counter, his cart is packed tighter than a crab’s arse at 50 fathoms. Of course, this will not stop him from going to the 10-items-or-less lane.

CATS:
Women love cats.
Men say they love cats but, when women aren't looking, men kick cats.

OFFSPRING:
Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and soccer games and romances and best friends and favourite foods and secret fears and hopes and dreams.
A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

DRESSING UP:
A woman will dress up to: go shopping, water the plants, empty the rubbish, answer the phone, read a book and get the post.
A man will dress up for: weddings and funerals.

LAUNDRY:
Women do laundry every couple of days.
A man will wear every article of clothing he owns, including his combat pants that were trendy about eight years ago, before he will do his laundry. When he is finally out of clothes, he will wear a dirty sweatshirt inside out, rent a skip and take his mountain of clothes to the Laundrette. Men always expect to meet beautiful women at the Laundrette. This is a myth perpetuated by re-runs of old American sitcoms.

EATING OUT:
When the bill comes, Mike, Dave, Rob, and Jack will each throw in £20 notes, even though the total is only £22.50. None of them will have anything smaller, and none will actually admit they want change back.
When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MENOPAUSE:
When a woman reaches menopause, she goes through a variety of complicated emotional, psychological, and biological changes. The nature and degree of these changes varies with the individual.
Menopause in a man provokes a uniform reaction - he buys designer sunglasses, a motorcycle jacket and goes shopping for a Porsche.

RICHARD GERE:
Women like Richard Gere because he is sexy in a dangerous way.
Men hate Richard Gere because he reminds them of that smooth plonker who works at the health club and only dates married women.

MADONNA:
Same as above, but reversed.

TOYS:
Little girls love to play with toys. Then when they reach the age of 11 or 12, they lose interest.
Men never grow out of their obsession with toys. As they get older, their toys simply become more expensive and silly and impractical.
Examples of men's toys: little miniature TVs, complicated juicers and blenders, mega sound systems, small robots that serve cocktails on command, Playstations, DVDs, and anything that blinks, beeps and requires at least 6 "D" batteries to operate.

LOCKER ROOMS:
In the locker room men talk about three things: money, football, and women. They exaggerate about money, they don't know football nearly as well as they think they do and they fabricate stories about women.
Women talk about one thing in the locker room: sex. And not in abstract terms, either. They are extremely graphic and technical, and they never lie.

JEWELLERY:
Women look nice when they wear jewellery.
A man can get away with wearing one ring and that's it. Any more than that and he will look like a lounge singer named Ramone.

TIME:
When a woman says she'll be ready to go out in five more minutes, she's using the same meaning of time as when a man says the football game just has five minutes left. Neither of them is counting injury time, commercials or replays.

FRIENDS:
Women on a girl's night out talk the whole time.
Men on a boy's night out say about twenty words all night, most of which are "Check out that red dress" or "Whose round is it?"

TOILETS:
Women use toilets as social lounges. Women who've never met will leave a restroom giggling together like old friends.
Men use toilets for purely biological reasons, they will never speak a word to each other. Never in the history of the world has a man excused himself from a restaurant table by saying, "Hey, Tom, I was just about to take a pee. Do you want to join me?

sweety
7th Nov 2001, 20:32
Look, T!

I do feel sorry for you... No, actually I feel sorry for him! He is not worth your or anybody else's tears, believe me. In fact those who hurt somebody, mostly hurt themselves, because they have to live with it - knowing they hurt somebody.

I've been crying on my pillow much too much, I know it.

In a meanwhile - Keep looking! - sure there is somebody who wouldn't hurt you! :) ;) :)

Tamara
8th Nov 2001, 00:39
feeling better peops......
thanks for all your support, but actually, it was me who ended it all.....boohoo

Melanie T :( :( :(

LatviaCalling
8th Nov 2001, 02:45
Sorry people,

"Tears on My Pillow" was originally recorded by Little Anthony & The Imperials in 1958. It was a No. 1 hit in the U.S. and the U.K.

Here are the lyrics:

TEARS ON MY PILLOW
(S. Bradford - A. Lewis)
LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS

You don't remember me
But I remember you
It was not so long ago
You broke my heart in two
Tears on my pillow, pain in my heart
Caused by you (you)
If we could start a-new
I wouldn't hesitate
I'd gladly take you back
And tempt the hand of fate
Caused by you
Love is not a gadget, love is not a toy
When you find the one you love
She'll fill your heart with joy
If we could start a-new
I wouldn't hesitate
I'd gladly take you back
And tempt the hands of fate
Caused by you (you, you)
Oh-oh-oh [fade]

tony draper
8th Nov 2001, 03:05
Oh, I get it now, you mean tears,as in boo hoo, Thought you meant tears, as in ripped, yes Draper gets it now, wondered what you lot were waffling on about. ;)

Binoculars
8th Nov 2001, 10:12
Biggles, I doubt whether Dave Barry has ever heard of Pprune, and I'm absolutely certain he would never say as tight as a crab's @rse, but apart from those modifications, thanks for reprising that one from America's funniest man. Love the one about the short people living in the house :D :D

He actually wrote another article which summed up the whole Women/Men/Earth/Venus thing in a couple of pages. Called "She drives for a relationship: He's lost in the transmission". One of the funniest things I've ever read in my life because it was so true, yet strangely enough only one woman I've ever showed it to thought it was remotely funny, and that was our dear Flaps, and I'm not sure she counts as your typical woman! (Sorry flaps hunny, you know it's a compliment!)

If anybody wants a copy of it you can email me. (How pathetic is that as a way to get some email?) :(

sweety
8th Nov 2001, 14:42
Well, if it was you who got rid of him, obviously he deserved it! Well done! Show them Girl Power and please, don't do those tears any more! :)

Feeton Terrafirma
8th Nov 2001, 15:35
Melanie, please don't cry hunny

thanks for all your support, but actually, it was me who ended it all.....boohoo

It was a mutual decision, not yours alone Mel.

:( :( :(

flapsforty
8th Nov 2001, 17:35
Binos you know that I do not take offence at anything you say to me! ;)

And hey, you're hardly the first person to point out that I lack certain female characteristics. :D

Traveled over to Boston last year with my 2 best mates to attend wedding of mate number 3, my ex lover. The 3 of us shared a suite, and when we had installed ourselves, out came the tax free whiskey bottle and the goose liver paté.
Looking out over the snowy mountains, talking general-old-friends-bullsh!t with a glass in hand, one of the guys suddenly turns to me with a musing look on his face and says:
Flaps, apart from that distracting body, By God you could be a bloke!

And I reckon that was the biggest compliment he'd ever paid a woman! ;)

redsnail
8th Nov 2001, 23:11
Flaps, luv ya work :D