PDA

View Full Version : ENG flying in Europe

Martin1234
14th Feb 2004, 22:44
Do we have any ENG flying in Europe and if so, where?

Bomber ARIS
14th Feb 2004, 22:59
A few years ago there was an AS355 (G-OITN??) flying for (surprise, surprise) ITN, out of Redhill in the UK. Maybe it's still there?

Watchoutbelow
15th Feb 2004, 00:47
Sky news have one aswell, I think there are a couple of traffic watch 22's about somewhere, don't know where though!

Practice Auto 3,2,1
15th Feb 2004, 01:52
Me thinks that there may be a Robbo ENG helicopter operating in the UK in the near future

http://www.rotorhub.com/news/0309/mikesmith.htm

:eek:

Autorotate
15th Feb 2004, 02:42
I know that Arena Aviation have a contract with SKY and use AS355F models. Have seen two aircraft painted up but not sure if they are dedicated or not.

Autorotate.

headsethair
15th Feb 2004, 04:40
There's a digital R44 ENG in Trieste www.elivideo.tv and a couple of analog early models around Paris and (last known) Portugal.
The UK digital R44 ENG seems imminent if you see this week's Flight International or www.flyingtv.co.uk

Sterling Helicopters operate an AS355 for BBC Outside Broadcasts, based Norfolk & Silverstone. This gets used by BBC News on occasions.

Sky News has an AS355 leased from Arena.

Only the R44 ENG (G-PIXX) , the Sky machine and the BBC machine are capable of transmitting live. Anything else in the UK tends to be onboard recording from a Tyler or Ultra Media mount - temporary installations.

Even the BBC/Sterling machine gets derigged sometimes.

Bomber ARIS
15th Feb 2004, 04:54
I also seem to remember Veritair in Wales having a Bolkow w/heli-telly.(As used to film the D-Day 50th anniversary celebrations.( I think))

headsethair
15th Feb 2004, 05:11
Bomber "Veritair in Wales having a Bolkow..."

I think that was G-BFYA - which is now owned by Sterling. And could well be the machine referred to by you in another string - about Norfolk Police losing their machine.

robnewman
5th Oct 2004, 19:32
Headsethair - Veritairs BO105 is G-BTKL. often used by BBC for heli-tele and transmitter calibration work.