PDA

View Full Version : Kid Rock, the Flag and Georgia

Squawk7777
14th Feb 2004, 08:21
Now that Janet Jackson's been raked over the coals for her Super Bowl stunt, apparently it's time to pick on Kid Rock.

A Democratic senator from Georgia is upset about the American flag poncho that Kid Rock wore in his halftime show.

"The thing that yanked my chain the hardest was seeing this ignoramus with his pointed head stuck up through the hole he had cut in the flag of the United States, yelling about having 'a bottle of Scotch and watching lots of crotch,"' Sen. Zell Miller said in Washington.

"This is the same flag we pledge allegiance to, the same flag that is draped over the coffins of dead, young, uniformed warriors killed while protecting Kid Rock's bony butt," Miller said.

Miller said the musician should be "tarred and feathered and ridden out of this country on a rail."

pity, y'all cannot hear it in the Georgean twang ... :p

Say again s l o w l y
14th Feb 2004, 08:31
Whatever happened to "I may hate what you believe in, but I'll fight to the death to protect your right to believe in it."

What a load of old b*lls. Or does the senator not want any diversity in American society?

I'm afraid I cannot believe that any of the deaths out in Iraq have helped to protect Kid Rock in any way at all and the senator should be ashamed of using their deaths to further his own political ideals.

Squawk7777
14th Feb 2004, 08:39
... not to forget that Kid Rock was in Baghdad

Onan the Clumsy
14th Feb 2004, 10:49
Kid Who?

Jerricho
14th Feb 2004, 12:58
Kid Rock.....self proclaimed "American [email protected]"

Anybody who uses the line "It stinks in here 'cause I'm the sh*t" is just a lyrical genius!

tony draper
14th Feb 2004, 15:08
I would shoot the fecker just for having that name.
:rolleyes:

AA SLF
14th Feb 2004, 15:34
Can I volunteer to carry yer firearm - Tony - .... :ok:

Say again s l o w l y -

"Diversity" only allowed in San Francisco county. Any diversity caught outside those boundaries will pay yaz a $200 bounty, in Gold mind ya, but ya hav to bring in the ears to prove it ! ! ! !

:suspect:

ps - does THAT answer yer question ??

pigboat
15th Feb 2004, 02:04
TD and TR, you want hollow points, or will standard ammo do? :E

Huck
15th Feb 2004, 09:04
I went to a rural Alabama high school in the eighties, and half of the boys in my senior class looked just like Kid Rock.

And just think, he's crawled all over Pamela Anderson....

mattpilot
15th Feb 2004, 10:19
Kid rock looks like white trash - with the difference that he is rich.

And just think, he's crawled all over Pamela Anderson....

Don't know what your trying to say with that, but in my opinion that makes PA just this much more unattractive!

pigboat
15th Feb 2004, 10:20
Guess he ain't allergic to silicone then. ;)

46Driver
15th Feb 2004, 10:35
Kid Rock meant well - he is a very patriotic bubba. However, what Senator Zell Miller (a former US Marine) is objecting to is that it was a very disgraceful display of Old Glory. Also, Zell is not doing this for political points - he is retiring this year. However if he ran again, he would win by a huge margin. By the way, he is the leading Democrat to endorse Bush for President.

Very interesting biography at http://miller.senate.gov/bio.htm

If there were more Democrats like him, they wouldn't be in the minority.....

AA SLF
15th Feb 2004, 11:05
Hmmm .... And just think, he's crawled all over Pamela Anderson....
Didn't know that Kid Rock was a MOUNTAIN CLIMBER as well as a rocker .... :E

VFE
15th Feb 2004, 19:16
Another politician using a performer to curry favour with the straight laced voters.

What's new?

46Driver
15th Feb 2004, 20:23
What's new? Zell Miller is retiring this year so it is not about politics. However, he is a former Marine who believes that the flag should be respected, not worn like a poncho. He is not currying favor with voters, he is standing on principle.

VFE
15th Feb 2004, 23:59
Sorry 46, it's just that when one hears of another politician getting his lard out over something like this it usually smacks of shallow bandwagon jumping to consolate the middle class 50+ bracket in society, especially Stateside.

However, I accept that perhaps this situation is different.

VFE.