PDA

View Full Version : CAA initial class1 in dub

pipergirl
14th Feb 2004, 03:09
hello all:D

I live Dublin and hold a JAA PPL issued by the CAA.
I am currently prearing to begin my ATPL studies, but I don't hold a class 1 medical. I hold a class 2, which was issued by a CAA medical examiner in DUB-but since then the CAA do not have an approved examiner in DUB

Reading the CAA website, it states that initial class 1 medicals must be conducted at LGW.

A colleague of mine told me that u can do the medical here and send the medical to the CAA and they endorse it over.
Anybody know if this is true?
Or is it set in stone that u must attend the CAA in LGW?

(On another note, anyone know what the average wait time for a medical in LGW is?)

Jonny
14th Feb 2004, 03:31
I can't help with your main request (though i can tell you i met a girl from Dublin taking her Class 1 at LGW last week).

I booked mine on a Tuesday for the following Monday. Perhaps it could've been earlier but that was the day i wanted.... so not too long really.

kepor
16th Feb 2004, 00:46
Check it out with Gatwick/Aeromedical dept in the Mater, but I think a JAA class 1 issued in Dublin is completely acceptable by the CAA.

pipergirl
17th Feb 2004, 21:15
gave the caa a call this morning..I have to do it in LGW....and i'm really looking forward to the lovely £411 fee(587euro) and the cost of a return flight..... :hmm:

Global Pilot
22nd Feb 2004, 13:44
Pipergirl check your PM and good luck!