PDA

View Full Version : NCL Islandsflug

Kev 1
13th Feb 2004, 19:58
Islandsflug now appear to be basing an a/c at Newcastle for the summer instead of EAC, can anyone confirm this?

Flights are as follows:

Mon CFU 09.00-18.00 HH6101/2
Tue Chania/JSI 09.00-20.00 HH6201/2
Fri Volos/Skiathos 06.00-16.45 HH6501/2
Corfu 19.00-03.00 HH6503/4
Sat Kos 18.00-04.35 HH6603/4
Rhodes 22.30-21.30 HH6601/2

Call Established
14th Feb 2004, 04:06
That they will base B737 as follows:

NCL X 1
BRS X 1
EMA X 1
DUB X 2 (AVIAJET)

EAF will now do flying in BHX which Islandsflug did last year.

Good opertation, great people.

transwede
15th Feb 2004, 00:03
Indeed Islandsflug will base 737-400 at NCL for summer 2004. The work they are carrying out was originally Air Scandic, on behalf of Excel Aviation which changed to EAF and now has passed over to Icebird.

They will be doing,

MON - CFU
TUE - CHQ
WED - KVA
THU - Nowt
FRI - JSI/VOL and CFU
SAT - EFL and KGS
SUN - ZTH and EFL

Lets hope they perform better than some of the airlines NCL has experienced in previous summers, does anyone remember Transwede (!), Nordic European, Transjet and Hola??? :\

redfield
19th Feb 2004, 05:16
This might be a daft question, but it seems that many of these airlines (or travel agencies, whichever) choose to fly to EFL on the second rotation of the day, even though EFL closes overnight. Doesn't it make more sense to fly earlier to EFL where possible? I know that not everybody can be in EFL at the same time but this does seem to happen a lot over recent years. 7 Air at NCL were frequently delayed o/night a few summers ago and the same happend to Azzurra at BRS last season.

Roster Puppet
21st Feb 2004, 04:41
Transwede

Well that's a name which brings back memories to me. Tin-pot ? , maybe but that was partly due to Operations being in Stockholm and the UK operation largely having to run itself with limited information being relayed by handling agents. (Before widespread computerisation and mobile phones.)

(Having done one season with Nordic I think Transwede weren't too bad in comparison!)

The pilots were a mixed bunch and some of my colleagues in the cabin were great people to work with. This made even long days a bit more bearable as I'm sure our namesake poster will recall!
Say transwede...where were you based and were you on both types..of "the old MD"? I was at LGW and CWL.....were you and for how long ?

Or then again, you might actually have still been at school ?!

Hope the 'passing through NCL' is still working out :O :O

redfield
22nd Feb 2004, 00:35
Roster puppet - what do you mean by "limited information being
relayed by handling agents?" How can a handling agent relay information that isn't passed to them by the airline in the first place? I remember one of the Transwede pilots accusing the handling agent of "sabotaging his aircraft" when it went tech. "Tip_pot" is about right if you ask me.

Roster Puppet
22nd Feb 2004, 02:41
Redfield

You misunderstand ! I am not saying that Transwede were not 'tin-pot', nor that any problems were due to the handling side. It was simply a fact that organisation and communication weren't as good as it could have been and that in turn this didn't do their public perception any favours at all.

Also you may have noted that in my opinion,"the pilots were a mixed bag"