PDA

View Full Version : And the SA CAA fires another!

Deanw
13th Feb 2004, 19:46
From NEWS24

Pretoria - Exactly a month after the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) quietly suspended its financial manager, it sent its corporate manager packing.

Employees at the CAA were officially informed on Thursday that Terrence Naidoo had been summarily suspended on Wednesday. KC Marobela was suspended last month for alleged financial mismanagement.

The CAA refused to comment on the suspension on Thursday.
Last year, the CAA human resources section, which fell under Naidoo's control, was implicated in an internal investigation into alleged irregularities. At the time, an independent investigation and audit were recommended to determine the exact extent of the allegations.

During this investigation, the audit team was refused access to the division's documents - despite direct orders to the contrary from top management.

Other alleged irregularities that came under investigation included the irregular appointment of consultants and employees as well as abuse of the tender process. A cashier was apparently earning a monthly salary of R8 500, while a tea helper was appointed with a monthly salary of R6 400.

Employees said on Thursday that flight safety "has already been compromised". The training of flight safety inspectors has apparently been "selectively" suspended.

Naidoo is the fourth high-ranking official to leave the CAA under a cloud over the past two years.

clipboard
13th Feb 2004, 22:12
:} There was a posting here not long ago about the dysfunctional CAA. Why am I not surprised?

Minister Omar should fire the entire Board, as they have failed dismally at their task. :yuk:

One must bear in mind that the Commissioner is only in an "Acting" capacity until March. That's one month away. What are they going to do then. Try and recruit another "foreigner" from some African Country???

Those :mad: there are still going to plead with Trevor Abrahams to come back. I'm sure that those who were in favour of him being eliminated our now having second thoughts. After his departure, the CAA went one way. At least he knew a lot about Aviation, is a pilot and could keep the place more or less together.

Senior officials are :mad: scared to take decisions, because they fear suspension. So how can the CAA function properly. When you phone there these days, this is what you get: Eeeeesch, I dunno, "Andiyasi" He's not in, Try tomorrow, he's suspended, the computer eees brroken, hey don't ask me, and others.

Now is this the Regulatory Authority that is regulating Civil Aviation in this Country? It sucks. Come on Mr. Minister, kick those :mad: into touch, and get some competent people in there. Dump the "has beens" the illeterates and the racially confused!

Viva South Africa:ok: