PDA

View Full Version : We made it!

Parapunter
13th Feb 2004, 18:14
My company is a year old today!

It's been a struggle I can tell you & I wouldn't want to go through last year again. 2 out of 3 new businesses in the UK go bust in the first year & I promise I'm not being smug - I'm relieved.

Mind you, I'm relieved of money, freedom, relaxation, holidays...

Still I wouldn't want it any other way & I just had to tell everyone!! Plus it's a Friday, so I can go & have a few beers tonight to wet the baby's head!!:}

Mr_Good_Looking
13th Feb 2004, 18:18
Congratulations!!

GroundGirl
13th Feb 2004, 18:33
Well done :) ;)

Chaffers
13th Feb 2004, 18:35
Congrats Parapunter. :ok:

What is it your company is doing? Soho stuff or employing others?

timmcat
13th Feb 2004, 18:38
Well done PP.. we see a lot of 'new starters' in your trade, as I'm sure you can imagine. It's bloody tough out there,so well done, long may it prosper (give us a call if you need anything (blatent commercial plug for which flappy will give me a good hiding if she spots it).

Capt.KAOS
13th Feb 2004, 18:44
Nice work PP. Yet don't cheer too soon, the 2nd year is always the most problematic, with delayed taxes etc. I'm in my 11th year and I expect a difficult year, although IMHO we are on the verge of a strong stock market rebound. It seems the IT employee market is booming again and the first cash paid Porsches are already spotted in Wallstreet... ;)

Chaffers
13th Feb 2004, 18:47
Dunno about booming yet, though April this year could be distinctly interesting.....

Are things actually 'booming' down in the South East at present?

flapsforty
13th Feb 2004, 18:48
Parapunter, best congrats there.
Starting one's business hellishly scary.
Surviving the first year most admirable; long may you prosper.
Mr Timmcat, I am struck by momentary blindness.
All for the good cause.

Parapunter, again well done! :ok:

Parapunter
13th Feb 2004, 18:58
Thanks everyone, :ok:

Chaffers, I'm sure Flaps won't mind me saying: Road haulage, but that's all I'm saying about it, mindful of Proon rules!!

Timmcat, PM me a few details, we may be in the market in 2004...

DishMan
13th Feb 2004, 20:18
Good on you Parapunter! :ok:

My old man had a hualage business once upon a time.....he could never break out into anything bigger than two trucks. There were only a couple of serious contracter fleets in the county but they monopolised the market. Only one other guy I know of did OK 'cos he had bags full of family money pouring in to keep him afloat....

Keep on trucking!

:ok: