PDA

View Full Version : SB's and NetJets

Itswindyout
13th Feb 2004, 00:03
can anyone out there confirm that Net Jets do not comply with manufactures SB's.
This is a company policy, and I assume must be as a cost saving. Is this cost saving passed onto the owners, (are they aware what an SB does to the residual value of the airframe), are the crews aware of the status of the airframe.

I would ask any one in the know to pass this on either openly or if you fee so inclined by PM. I would then publish the gist of the response for all to see.

Thanks, Its Windy out.

bluesafrica
13th Feb 2004, 02:25
There is quite a few types of SB's issued. Some of them are not considered such an important items than others for the value of the airplane. I have no idea what the policy is with NetJets but I would be most surprised if they do EVERY published SB for the fleet.
Why do you like to have such info?
Blues

CJ Driver
15th Feb 2004, 02:53
What a curious thread, or is it part of the ongoing attack on one operator (who I am not connected with)?

As already pointed out, SB's are often product improvements, sometimes in response to customer grumbles, rather than "must do" items. On our own aircraft there have been several to do with things like improving the audio level in the headsets, getting the AHRS on-line faster in certain circumstances, and so on. Since I take the view that most minor snags on aircraft are caused by maintenance engineers, and since (for example) the audio sounds fine to me, we don't do quite a lot of them - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We have a formal procedure where we sit down with the maintenance guys and tick or cross off new SB's that have come out, and I would imagine that NetJets do the same. Doesn't everyone?

bluesafrica
15th Feb 2004, 03:06
CJ Driver
I think you got it right. There seem to be an attact going on by some "experts" that read books like a devil would do with a Bible.

Blues