PDA

View Full Version : Big piston soundtracks ?

dusk2dawn
12th Feb 2004, 22:00
Sometime ago I ran into a site featuring a number of soundtracks from big piston aircrafts. One of those tracks was the engine start-up of a Grumman Bearcat. Pure music !

The link on the site since became broken and now I'm looking for a CD sporting said soundtrach. Any pointers out there ?

Ludwig
12th Feb 2004, 22:59
I don't have a websote to point you at, but about 20 years ago I recall Shuttleworth produced a double LP album of the engine sounds of the collection's aircraft. Other ppruners may know if it is still out there.
:cool:

DubTrub
13th Feb 2004, 00:02
I have a CD of radials called "Round Sounds" . They later brought out "Round Sounds 2" but I never bothered with it.

Track 7 is RareBear doing a low-level fly-by.

Scares the wellies off old ladies when played loud in the car with the windows down!

I have no means of posting it anywhere, and I daresay copyright stuff might be an issue anyway. But if anyone has a suggestion, let me know.

DT

Lu Zuckerman
13th Feb 2004, 00:18
For Round sounds 1&2 try here.

http://www.museumofflightstore.org/rounsounvoli.html

:E :E

Aerohack
13th Feb 2004, 00:35
Ludwig:

I have a copy of the Shuttleworth LP. Alas, a recent change of entertainent system has left me without anything on which to play it!

Airbedane
13th Feb 2004, 01:22
The Shuttleworth LP/Tapes are now available on CD. Call the Suttleworth shop on 01767 627288 for details.

seafuryfan
14th Feb 2004, 07:21
The 'Checkflight Gustav' CD has loads of digital audio (including in-cockpit aeros) of 109 Black 6 before her grounding. It's also got a selection of allied aircraft (p-38, spits, P40, P51 etc).

Aircraft Records
PO Box 1232
Sonoma
CA 95476
USA

They also do Reno CDs.

Edited for spelling

Lu Zuckerman
27th Feb 2004, 01:10
I just received my CD of Round sounds 1 and it took me back over fifty years when I was a flight mechanic on JRBs and JRFs (R-985s) and PBYs (R-1830s). I tried hard not to overload the speakers on my Bose stereo and the sounds were fantastic. Volume 2 should arrive in several days. Lucky for me my wife is off visiting her daughter and grandchildren. When she returns this Sunday I'll have to turn the volume down.

:E :E

MLS-12D
27th Feb 2004, 06:08
This (http://www.aircraftrecords.com/products_frame.html) is the link that you're looking for. The sample clip that you want is available by clicking on the Round Sounds Vol. 2 album.

I purchased a copy of Round Sounds Vol. 1 about four months ago. I agree with Lu 100%, it's great to turn up the volume and revel in that wonderful radial sound ... although my wife is not so enthusiastic! ;)

These CDs are not cheap, but they're well done. Much less expensive than running your own Bearcat, anyway! :D