View Full Version : ME IR for Rotary types

lumbertoast
12th Feb 2004, 21:40
From all I have read and heard recently, the only world to be in at the moment that is not utterly depressing is the rotary one. Unfortunately, that's still not enough for me and I'm off in the summer.

For those rotary gods who will be looking to tread the same path to freedom and unemployment, I was recently contacted with a bit of news that should make things a little cheaper.

After a bit of fancy footwork from the CAA in 2003, they took away the ability for a rotary pilot to get his ME IR after 15 hrs and upped it to a minimum 25 hrs. Whilst this extra training obviously made us better citizens, at £400 an hour it was an expensive pain in the proverbial. After about 6 months of serious lobbying from places like AFT, the CAA have relinquished and now if one holds a procedural green, then 15hrs should suffice.

This is no doubt good news for those planning the IR, but for those fellow losers like me caught by the reversal, I suggest a campaign of hate mail for the CAA.....if only I could afford the stamps.

Lumbertoast