PDA

View Full Version : PC Rules..... OK

henry crun
3rd Nov 2001, 08:08
I have just read that:

1.BBC World TV have banned their presenters from wearing Rememberance Day poppies.

2. A vicar in a London parish has asked the British Legion veterans not to parade their standards, which have the Union flag on them, on Rememberance Day because it might upset his German parishioners.

Ye Gods, what the hell is the world coming to ?

[ 03 November 2001: Message edited by: henry crun ]

pigboat
3rd Nov 2001, 08:31
Disgusting, isn't it? Over here, the Royal Canadian Legion raises money for veterans causes with the poppy campaign. Some scrote in charge of a library in Ontario forbade the sale of poppies on the library premises. Thankfully, saner heads prevailed and the the order was rescinded. :mad:

Mert
3rd Nov 2001, 11:20
On a related note ( PC ) here is a bit from the Motor City Madman about the subject. I may not agree with every word he has to say, but I think it's a good read, hopefully it won't be deemed too political, or religious to stay.
"I'M A BAD AMERICAN ??????"

Written by Ted Nugent, the rock singer and hunter/naturalists. Upon hearing that California Senators B. Boxer and D.Feinstein denounced him for being a "gun owner" and a "Rock Star". This was his response after telling the senators about his past contributions to children's charities and
scholarship foundations, which have totaled more than $13.7 million in the last 5 years!!
"I'm a Bad American-this pretty much sums it up for me. I like big trucks, big boats, big houses, and naturally, pretty women. I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some midlevel governmental functionary with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away to crack addicts squirting out babies.
I don't care about appearing compassionate. I think playing with toy guns doesn't make you a killer. I believe ignoring your kids and giving them Prozac might.
I think I'm doing better than the homeless.
I don't think being a minority makes you noble or victimized. I have the right not to be tolerant of others because they are different, weird, or make me mad. This is my life to live, and not necessarily up to others expectations.
I know what SEX is and there are not varying degrees of it.
I believe that if you are selling me a Dairy Queen shake, a pack of cigarettes, or hotel room you do it in English. As of matter of fact, if you are an American citizen you should speak English. My uncles, and forefathers shouldn't have had to die in vain so you can leave the countries you were born in to come disrespect ours, and make us bend to your will. Get over it.
I know how to count votes and I feel much safer letting a machine with no political affiliation do a recount when needed.
I know what the definition of lying is, and it isn't based on the word "is"-ever.
I don't think just because you were not born in this country, you qualify for any special loan programs, gov't sponsored bank loans, etc., so you can open a hotel, 7-Eleven, trinket shop, or any thing else, while the indigenous peoples can't get past a high school education because they can't afford it.
I didn't take the initiative in inventing the Internet.
I thought the Taco Bell dog was funny.
I want them to bring back safe and sane fireworks.
I believe no one ever died because of something Ozzy Osbourne, Ice-T or Marilyn Manson sang, but that doesn't mean I want to listen to that crap from someone else's car when I'm stopped at a red light. But I respect your right to.
I think that being a student doesn't give you any more enlightenment than working at Blockbuster or Jack In The Box.
Our soldiers did not go to some foreign country and risk their lives in vain and defend our Constitution so that decades later you can tell me it's a living document ever changing and is open to interpretation. The guys who wrote it were light years ahead of anyone today, and they meant what they said - now leave the document alone, or there's going to be trouble.
I don't hate the rich.
I help the poor.
I know wrestling is fake.
I've never owned, or was a slave, and a large percentage of our forefathers weren't wealthy enough to own one either. Please stop blaming me because some prior white people were idiots - and remember, tons of white, Indian, Chinese, and other races have been enslaved too - it was wrong for every one of them.
I believe a self-righteous liberal Democrat with a cause is more dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.
I want to know exactly which church is it where the "Reverend" Jessie Jackson preaches; and, what exactly is his job function.
I own a gun, you can own a gun, and any red blooded American should be allowed to own a gun, but if you use it in a crime, then you will serve the time.
I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny he made and continue to make more. If it makes you mad, then invent the next operating system that's better and put your name on the building. Ask your
buddy that invented the Internet to help you.
I don't believe in hate crime legislation. Even suggesting it makes me mad. You're telling me that someone who is a minority, gay, disabled, another nationality, or otherwise different from the mainstream of this country has more value as a human being that I do as a white male. If someone kills anyone, I'd say that it's a hate crime.
We don't need more laws! Let's enforce the ones we already have.
I don't believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child-it takes a parent with the guts to stand up to the kid and spank his butt and say "NO!" when it's necessary to do so.
I'll admit that the only movie that ever made me cry was Ole Yeller. I
didn't realize Dr. Seuss was a genius until I had a kid.
I will not be frowned upon or be looked down upon or be made to keep silent because I have these beliefs and opinions. I thought this country allowed me that right.
I will not conform or compromise just to keep from hurting somebody's feelings. I'm neither angry nor disenfranchised, no matter how desperately the mainstream media would like the world to believe otherwise.
Yes, I guess by some people's definition, I may be a bad American, but that's tough."

Ted Nugent

It looks like he pretty much covered everything except the words " and the horse you rode in on pal!" :p

:p :p :p

BlueDiamond
4th Nov 2001, 05:21
Should be printed out in large typeface, framed and hung on the wall of every politician's office everywhere.

We all need to understand very clearly that if those who migrate have a problem with the customs of their new country then it is THEIR problem to deal with.

We are not responsible for migrants' likes and dislikes.

We are not responsible for their feelings.

We are not required to forego our traditions in order to avoid "giving offence."

We WIlL wear our poppies, sprigs of rosemary, dad's medals or whatever the hell else we feel like doing to observe the day and those who don't like it will have to deal with it.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Doctor Cruces
4th Nov 2001, 05:52
I'm VERY fed up of having to kow tow to immigrants because they don't like particular aspects of MY country. If they want to come here, FIT IN WITH US. If they don't want to do that STAY WHERE THEY ARE. I have to agree that their likes/dislikes are not my problem.

I am not in the least racist and I aim this at ALL people who wish to settle in my country.

Doc C.

Paterbrat
4th Nov 2001, 06:51
Amen to that. Hey Mert that Ted Nugent sounds as though he's a straight shooting, no bullshit, commonsense sort of person.

Why indeed should we not be proud of our country and ask if people wish to emigrate to it, respect it and owe allegiance to its ideals and ethos or just don't come.

There has been a little too much leaning over backwards to "respect" cultural identities to the point we have ghettos of seething hatred for the country in which these people live. Disrespect for local laws, hate for the ideals of the country, and volunteers who wish to join a war against the country in which they live.

Something has gone wrong and the tolerance and freedoms offered, abused. Perhaps just a modicum of control should be considered.

Icarus
4th Nov 2001, 12:26
[QUOTE]I have just read that:
1.BBC World TV have banned their presenters from wearing Rememberance Day poppies. /QUOTE]

As far as I can tell those in the BBC World studio are all wearing their Poppies thank goodness; I think it would be an absolute disgrace if they were not.

henry crun
4th Nov 2001, 13:30
You are right, they are, thank goodness sanity prevailed.
Maybe the protest was loud and strong enough to make the management reconsider their earlier decision.

The original report came from a reputable source complete with the reasons the BBC gave for the decision.

gandelf
4th Nov 2001, 15:32
All I will say is -

"When in Rome ...."

Paterbrat
4th Nov 2001, 23:37
Ahh yes the good old days when non conformists in Rome were invited to partake of the in arena facilities at the Colleseum.

( I'm sure I've spelt that wrong and i've just seen that Crow thingy too.)

tony draper
4th Nov 2001, 23:49
Yeh, they knew how to have fun in those days,
PS Draper has no problem with what those Romans did to the Christians, its what they did to us poor Druids that irritates one. ;)

pps, who the f*cks Harry Potter?.

[ 04 November 2001: Message edited by: tony draper ]

Charlie Foxtrot India
5th Nov 2001, 17:37
I always thought that the poppies were there LEST WE FORGET those millions who died so that we could be free. Including the minority who are free to spout PC nonsense.
Those brave men and women must be turning in their graves to see how that freedom has been twisted to destroy much of what they fought for.
These PC prats have forgotten one thing - human nature, it is just as natural to want to have an identity, a culture, and want to protect it, whether you are an impoverished refugee or an indiginous westerner. Yet if you are an indiginous westerner who wants to wear poppies, celebrate christmas, sing land of hope and glory etc, you are a racist, a bad person.
I don't get it.