PDA

View Full Version : Cya

Spotlight
12th Feb 2004, 17:16
Word has it that Cape York Air will be closing. If true, a sad day.

Before I go further I do stress that I am a long way from Cairns these days and have no wish to cause the company any grief. If in fact a decision has not been made any company rep can pm me and I will delete the topic.

How much do the recently damaged 208 and the RASS tender figure in this?

Have legal issues, costs and possible outcomes proved unsustainable?

Have Regional done a PNG type deal with the parent?

Square Bear
12th Feb 2004, 18:16
If I follow you thoughts correctly I think you may find that what you considered the parent was probably more a sibling.

No matter what, it is my understanding that they parted company within the last year or so for a rumoured not inconsiderable amount of money.

To be cynical another example on how to make a small fortune out of aviation..................start with a big one.

Having said that I reckon you would find a whole bunch of guys to be real proud to flown the Mail Runs for CYA.

Some Bloke even wrote and published a book on the operation and its Mail Runs and its not too bad read.

As you say, if it does happen it will be a sad day.

Ace on Base
14th Feb 2004, 06:34
CYA CLOSING ITS DOORS??

I got my CPL and instructor wings there in 1996, Flew around the mail service heaps in the Van, Partbananna, and even the 172RG "AIX" (crosshired from a bloke in Vic). Fondly recall flying in the right hand seat of a Navajo on the scheduled service to Cooktown during the middle of a cyclone with a pilot that shares the same name as myself - a good bloke!!, I used to fly their c150 up to Cooktown every two weeks to teach at their satelite school (run at Terry the airport managers house). It was the start of my aviation trillogy.

Sad to see the "van" go into the water. Sad to see it close its doors!!:{ :{ :{ :{ :{

Flying Mechanic
19th Feb 2004, 00:41
Spent the best 2 years of my life flying for Cape York Air on Badu, flying the 182(money maker)the 206(even more money maker)Partbanana and the mighty Bongo. Met some good mates and friends for life at CYA.

The Bullwinkle
19th Feb 2004, 12:36
Flying Mechanic

The inventor of that great christmas party game "EXTENDER"

G'day mate.

BW

Flying Mechanic
20th Feb 2004, 04:24
The EXTENDER!!
Now that was a great game!!!
We had a great crew there that day........what a X-mas, will never forget that one.BW, well done on the Jet job.
I'm in the mddle East at the moment, all is going well.Be good to see you one day for a beer.........Cheers Speedbird/CYX!!!

GA Driver
9th May 2004, 04:49
Can anyone confirm whether this actually happened or not?

Cheers

Kubin rock climber
9th May 2004, 06:13
OH Yeah ..... The EXTENDER happened all right!!!!:E :E :E That Xmas and new years ..... necta myanmuk, eventhough I was on another island .. pox.

Flying Mech' was drinkin last night in Japan with your cx mate Jamie, muta funny.

Big "Hallo" to youpla from mob ere blo you. Lip, Campdog, Freaker, Hairy Mick, Daisy, Deefa and his Bitch all good. Have seen Vermin and Tony the *** in HK they're good too. Sabe Dixter and Slick to sunstate....necta.

Bullwinkle..... Ring us up when you are in Melb for o/n.

Flying Mechanic
29th Nov 2004, 10:56
Whats the latest at Cape York Air?
Any news, any rumours?Dont hear much up here in the Middle East.
Cheers FM

The Bullwinkle
30th Nov 2004, 03:51
G'day "CAPTAIN" Flying Mechanic.

Saw the photos. Well done.

I don't know what's happening with CYA, but I will see what I can find out.

Flying Mechanic
30th Nov 2004, 07:26
Cheers Winkle!!
Hope life is treating you well.
Cheers FM

Stink Finger
9th Dec 2004, 23:16
CYC at green island.

Aviation Safety - Investigation Reports - Investigation Report 200400443 involving a Cessna Aircraft Company 208 (Caravan) VH-CYC, which occurred at Green Island, (VEC) QLD on 8 February 2004. http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/occurs/occurs_detail.cfm?ID=605

captain_cranky
20th Jul 2005, 12:17
Local driver in CB tells me over a beer last night that there is no chief pilot and no operations!!:uhoh: