PDA

View Full Version : Catalina Flying Boat

Chocks Away
12th Feb 2004, 15:38
What happened to the Catalina, which was sourced over in Portugal and flown back here to Australia?:confused:

Don't tell me H.A.S. have got their mits on it and have it tucked away all to themselves in Woollongong?

Bring it out... show the history... let people see, learn and enjoy it!

ugly
12th Feb 2004, 17:11
That's HARS

Check the website - http://www.notebookpub.com/hars/blackcat1.htm

and the events page for dates it'll be flying

http://www.notebookpub.com/hars/harsevents.html

zhishengji751
12th Feb 2004, 18:04
painted black, it flew over the War Memorial in Canberra for the opening of the G-George exhibit on 6 Dec.. so it has been out .. a least once :ok:

Feather #3
13th Feb 2004, 03:43
Chocks Away,

Send me a private msg and I'll give you the address to send the cheque. :rolleyes:

HARS doesn't "tuck aircraft away" in WOL; it's the home of our Museum. I don't see folks in the USA suggesting Kermit Weeks flies his aircraft all over the US instead of "tucking them away in Florida!"

Sadly, it costs money to run these aircraft. At the moment, we're busy funding the first stage of our Museum development. If someone wants one of our a/c flown at the moment, that's fine; just [to plagiarise] show us the money!!

When the Museum development is bedded down, the board may see fit to spend our donated cash [and many thanks to our army of donors!!:) ] on the odd local, but 'away' trips must be funded.

Meanwhile, drop by and say "G'day" any Saturday, or better still, become a donor!!;)

G'day :D

PS Donations to the "HARS Public Museum Fund" are tax-deductible.:cool:

invertedlandings
15th Feb 2004, 18:29
Chocks away,
Might not be flying for a little while due hail damage in a recent TS-the hail also damaged the 2 C 47's there also but they had fairly minimal damage (cloth covering on elevator and aileron surfaces only- please correct me if I am wrong Feather #3)...

zhishengji751
16th Feb 2004, 08:11
will it make the RAAF museum air pagent?

Chocks Away
16th Feb 2004, 11:24
Thanks guys.
Sorry to hear of the hail damage...