PDA

View Full Version : Buy & Sell Forum

minus273
12th Feb 2004, 05:56
Hi all,

Well was just wondering if the guys in charge have any thoughts on setting up a buy & sell forum.

As in I have something in flying that I would like to sell and would like someone to benefit from not having to pay full price for a second hand but still usable item. :ok:

Much in the sameway that some universities have the second hand book stores on campus. :8

Now to make it worth PPRUNEs while there would be a fee of say 10 or 20GBP depending on what needs to be sold. This would go to PPRUNE to keep up these lovely bulletin boards.

Well any constructive comments would be appreciated.

-273 :E

minus273
14th Feb 2004, 09:59
Guess all of you guys & girls want to buy full price books and things?

Sally Cinnamon
14th Feb 2004, 16:05
Or perhaps we're all on ebay ?

scroggs
14th Feb 2004, 16:05
A classified advertising forum has been considered, but for the moment it has been rejected due to server load and potential moderation problems.

It may happen at some time in the future, but not yet. In the meantime, any kind of advertising is strictly forbidden.

Scroggs

minus273
15th Feb 2004, 00:18
Thanks Scroggs

Ok understand all of those reasons, I would think that if it was done correctly though it would be a good money generating exercise for PPRUNE.

Well hope that it can be set up.

QNH 1013
15th Feb 2004, 02:36
As Sally has suggested, e-bay is now quite good for aviation stuff. Try looking under Aviation, sub-heading "Pilot's Gear"

PPRuNe Towers
16th Feb 2004, 01:44
With luck should be running in April.

Before you get too excited we will be 100% respecting copyright. Headset yes, ATPL notes no.

Trevor Thom - yes, Bristol Ground School CD - no.

Regards
Rob Lloyd

minus273
16th Feb 2004, 06:32
Thanks for the replies guys and gals,

What if I have say original notes that I have purchased form a said company to sell. What difference would that be to me selling a Trevor Thom book? Both are copyrighted material. But the re-selling of the Trevor Thom is not a problem? Where as notes are!?

For example when I did my conversion course there was no need for me to attend GS at any institution and I would have loved to have saved myself 200GBP on the notes but was unable to as they were not available. Also there were people on the brush up who had bought notes from other schools and were not happy with them and then had to buy a full price set from another school.

Not trying to stir just trying to see the logic, I am also not talking about photocopies but originals with the binders.

Anyways interested as to why one is OK and one is not.

Thanks -273

PPRuNe Towers
17th Feb 2004, 20:19
Whether electronic or paper based - if you have a look at the course notes from ATPL schools they have screed within them allied to that seen on software. It's effectively licensing rather than outright purchase.

Genghis the Engineer
17th Feb 2004, 22:45
There's a good free sales and wants forum at www.afors.co.uk ; since it's there, free, and works I can't see much point in Pprune trying to reinvent the wheel.

G