PDA

View Full Version : Over qualified

Flying Farmer
12th Feb 2004, 02:26
This made me laugh,

Applied for a job recently advertised in one of the mags and had a reply today.
Only have 750 hours with around 100 multi hours, let me quote a part of the letter.
"This is due to your qualification and experience being well in advance of the position and remuneration on offer"
Well blow me down, I'm over qualified now, just wonder what they fly, armchairs !!!!!!!!
Any similar experiences out there in Pprune land?

Fly safe,

Flying F

AIRWAY
12th Feb 2004, 17:24
"This is due to your qualification and experience being well in advance of the position and remuneration on offer

How ridiculous is that. I tell you this world is going crazy. Anyway FF keep trying

:ok:

Wishing you the best

aardvark keeper
12th Feb 2004, 18:06
try having 2700tt, an ATPL with 100 hrs multi

they dont even reply!!!

M.85
12th Feb 2004, 19:00
Flying farmer,

I have the tshirt for these answers:hmm:
Got a feedback a month ago about a job i applied to to fly senecas,the chief pilot let me know I wasnt successful as I would use them as a step gap..however I had been unemployed for 7 months..who new how long more i would have had to wait for the job he thought i would get...
The same day i recieved the email saying I was offered an airline seat,I had got that morning a letter from US Airways saying that the advertised position(Desk/ticket counter)was overwhelmed with replies and that I was UNSUCCESSFUL....
Sometimes you wonder what the H*** is going on but stay in there and the break will come through...when you least expect it..send CVs to all the AIrlines and then apply via their website(if they have one)when they recruit..
A part from that,get all the help you can from ppruners..it helped me in a way I couldnt have imagined(not exactly to get a job) but to keep faith in yourself and use it as FREE shrink too;)
Lots of guys in here will give you advices..any way they can and you can count me in.

Best of luck,

Regards,

M.85