PDA

View Full Version : Instructor Rating.....where?

Frank Poncherello
11th Feb 2004, 17:17
Could anyone make any recommendations to me regarding training for a Flight Instructor course.

Who is available in the UK or US?
How much can I expect to save by going accross the pond?

Any recommendations to flight schools is appreciated.

Is there a better way to invest my hard earned cash to make me more appealing to an Airline (employment wise!).
:}
Cheers
FP

Send Clowns
11th Feb 2004, 21:26
Can't recommend specifically as I was already working for the one where I did mine and can't be relied on to be impartial :E However I was advised by a friend in the business to be careful of quality if I wanted work. Some are a lot better than others, and the PPL schools inmpressed by previous graduates go to the FI schools for new instructors.

Good luck!

ML Handler
13th Feb 2004, 17:00
I did mine with Babcock Flying training school. They have the contract to train Navy and Army aircrew basic flying training at RAF Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire. They have some spare capacity and use this to train FIs. The bonus is you get to fly the Firefly 260 with very very experienced instuctors and for the same price you would pay and a normal civilian school, you also pay for hours airborne and not chock to chock. They are totally dedicated to you as a student. I can not say enough good things about them. After training there I had three immediate offers of employment, the offers all seemed impressed with the quality of the schools training. Call 01400 261201 or e-mail [email protected]