PDA

View Full Version : Cabair?

CharlieAlphaTango
11th Feb 2004, 08:24
I'm just looking into the different integrated course options and was hoping to get some info from folk that have been through the course with Cabair in Cranfield.

Would appreciate any feed back good or bad.

Cheers :)

moo
11th Feb 2004, 22:51
I'd like some recent info on these too, if any of you lot have got any! :ok:

joe
13th Feb 2004, 18:18
ok before i start, by providing info on cabair i am not in any way starting yet another debate on who is best cabair/oxford etc etc

i am talking about my own experiences only. I finished the intergrated route earlier this year and i have nothing but praise for cabair as an establishment.

The groundschool is supported by some of the best instructors/teachers i have ever come across. Their experiences and knowledge of the requirements for the ATPL is second to non.
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. But be prepared to work your backside off, it will mean making quite a few sacrifices on the social scene for a while but nothing is worse that sitting back and wishing you had done more.

On the flying side, new a/c have replaced the katanas which i did my first training on. DA40's are apparently (i've not flown one) very nice to fly. New twins are supposed to be on the way also.

Flight school (at the start of your flight training) can mean alot of sitting around and waiting for the weather. Be prepared. The most important thing i can pass on is respect your instructors decision. You may benefit from starting a course in march / april as then you are guarenteed (more or less) better weather for your first flight block.

Remember this is in no way an attempt to sell cabair, this is my own experiences.

Make sure you are 110% committed before you start.
Try and do as much as possible to create a good impression.
Enjoy it. As some of your buddies will be flying along side in the future.

good luck.

Bobby Guzzler
13th Feb 2004, 22:25
Well said Joe.

I finished there a while back too and think they did a first class job. The thing with Cabair is they don't pretend to be anything they're not - a la the place in Oxfordshire down the road (not that they're hung up on business that they once had!!!).

The groundschool is good, me and the others on the course had 1st time passes and high averages. The flight school faired equally as well with the vast majority getting the all important 1st time IR pass.

After finishing there are plenty getting jobs with airlines (esp good link with FlyBe for obvious reasons). I'm with a different company where 'the futures bright' (to quote the ad).;)

joe
13th Feb 2004, 22:32
Bobby Guzzler

i've sent you a PM. Well tried to, don't know if it has worked.

cheers Joe.

CharlieAlphaTango
14th Feb 2004, 21:16
Thats great to hear, ta very much ideedy! I have heard better things about Cabair than Oxford from a number of sources. Also, Oxford have the nerve to wack on an extra 10k to the price just for the fun of it! Oxford seem to spend a lot of time on marketing as opposed to course improvement!

If you can think of anything else that might be worthwhile let me know!

Thanx a million

Cat