PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth City?

matspart3
11th Feb 2004, 05:34
Are there any past or present Plymouth operators out there who can advise me on any pax/load restrictions landing on such a short runway?

I'm particularly interested in which types are used, what any load restrictions are and how this is affected in wet conditions?

Dash-7 lover
12th Feb 2004, 00:42
With the Dash-8-300 there can be payload restrictions with crosswind limits, but very rare. Below 10 degrees celsuis and preciptiation in the air or above 22 degrees in the summer and your into RTOW's. Air Wales nightstop an ATR-42 there but my only experience with the ATR was when we chartered in TITAN during the summer and with 40pax and no bags the aircraft had an underload of 300kgs....The downhill takeoff was quite interesting. There is enough ramp space for 3 decent sized turboprops and also an ILS but on RWY 31 only and no radar and the airfield also has a problem with low cloud being on the edge of Dartmoor. Worked there for Brymon Airways and we had years of experience operating decent sized props in and out ie Dash-7 and Dash-8 with 15 minute turnarounds without any problem.

Super -63
12th Feb 2004, 04:45
Hi Dash-7 Lover
Thought you had moved from "The Island"
I also miss Plymouth and the Dash 7...

Dash-7 lover
21st Feb 2004, 18:34
Hiya,

No not moved yet! The clock is ticking though and should be outa here by March 1st. Gonna be in ops in BHX for March prob working 9-5 for the first few weeks.

Regards