PDA

View Full Version : Is it MIS - Alliance

Ahso
10th Feb 2004, 18:50
Could this rumour be true......
It is rumoured that a person who is in the process of rewritting the Flight attendents manuel for this company has been instructing new recruits that when either pilot is off the flight deck
for a rest break, it is mandatory for a flight attendent to fill the vacant seat to help with check list duties and incapacitation of the remaining pilot.

It is alleged that this has in fact been the case , on the instruction of the Captain, who shall remain nameless in this forum.

Apparently, as one would imagine, confusion reigns amoungst the ranks as to whether this proceedure is correct?????

Maybe the cowboy element reigns in this Co.

Stand by for more trumours from this little cesspit of aviation.....

Oh, and it was not a practical joke for the new chums, or so the all seeing eye says.

AIRWAY
10th Feb 2004, 19:05
is mandatory for a flight attendent to fill the vacant seat to help with check list duties and incapacitation of the remaining pilot

Hmm,

Not sure on this one, but i know that in ( x airline ) Long Haul when the captain is not in the flightdeck ( for a reason ) a flight attendant will "Babysit" the first officer ( captains request ), but as far as i know it's not mandatory.

404 Titan
10th Feb 2004, 20:45
Well where I work if either of us leaves the flight deck, a cabin crewmember must sit in the cockpit simply to check who is outside the cockpit and open the door when we need to get back in. We can thank Osam Bin Laden and the now mandatory closed cockpit door policy for this.

Capt Claret
10th Feb 2004, 22:12
CAR (1988) 227 states in part; (2) A person may occupy the pilot seat or other operating crew position in an aircraft, only if: (my bolding)

(a) the person is a member of the operating crew who is duly assigned for duty in the aircraft and is licensed for the duties associated with that seat or position; or

(b) the person is authorised to enter the crew compartment to conduct examinations, inspections or checks of the aircraft, its equipment, a member of the operating crew or the ground organisation provided for use by aircraft.

Penalty: 50 penalty units.

so, unless CASA has granted some extraordinary exemption, an F/A sitting at a control seat whilst one of the crew is absent from the flight deck would leave several people open to prosecution.

Having an F/A on the flight deck, as outlined by 404 Titan would be a good idea in a two crew aircraft, now that lockable doors are in vogue, and some of these have to be seen to be believed! :eek:

compressor stall
11th Feb 2004, 00:58
Um, what has to be seen to be believed, the F/As or the cockpit doors?

*ducks*

CS :p

dirtylittlefokker
11th Feb 2004, 04:01
It is rumoured that a person who is in the process of rewritting the Flight attendents manuel

Wasn't he the Spanish waiter in Fawlty Towers?
:rolleyes:

Come to think of it, Alliance does not employ Flight Attendents or have a Flight Attendents Manuel and or Manual, as the case may be!

confusion reigns amoungst the ranks as to whether this proceedure is correct?????

"Proceedure" certainly is not correct, procedure is!

Good job you were not "amoungst" the ranks of those "writting" the "attendents manuel".

What an Ahso-le :p

Ahso
16th Feb 2004, 18:17
Ahso DLF, live bait always works.

Spelling ain't my best subject as you know.

That aside, I think you had better check your facts (perhaps the manual in point actually goes by another fancy title).

Regardless, I'm interested to know if the regulator has been approached for a dispensation for the above to be allowed.

Perhaps they may not be aware of whats happenin (sic)

That could not possibly be the case now could it DLF.........

Ahso, I must away, my little birdie has another trumour to tell.Mmmmmmmmmmm
Standby DLF, I think you'll be a star soon. Heh he he