PDA

View Full Version : The Big Embraer 190

Chocks Away
10th Feb 2004, 15:57
Embraer 190 rolls out in Brazil
Dateline: Tuesday February 10, 2004

Embraer rolled out its 100-seat Embraer 190 regional jet yesterday in ceremonies in Sao Jose dos Campos.

The 190 is the stretch variant of the 170, for which certification is expected later this month, and has attracted 100 firm orders from launch customer JetBlue Airways and another 10 from an undisclosed customer in addition to 150 options . Late last year, Embraer and Air Canada signed a commercial proposal for 45 190s with options on 45 more.
JetBlue CEO David Neeleman was on hand at the rollout. "We have great hopes for this aircraft," he said. "There are 1,000 city-pairs that would fit in this market; I think we can serve 50 out of New York…It will strengthen what we have and add new cities." The 190 also will replace A320s on some routes during the off season to maintain the markets, he added.

Neeleman dismissed as unlikely that US Majors will be able to acquire the larger RJs for use by their own Regional partners, a step that would require changes in the big airlines' pilot contracts. "It's difficult to ask for a change in scope while they are cutting salaries," he observed. Even if scope clauses are relaxed to allow Majors to operate additional aircraft in the 70/110-seat range, JetBlue will have an advantage with the aircraft already in service, he said. The 190 is expected to make its first flight later this month with certification and delivery in the third quarter of 2005.

Separately, the company said the Embraer 170 is expected to be certified Feb. 20, clearing the way for its entry into service with US Airways, which originally expected to place the aircraft into operation in Nov. There were at least three 170s painted in US Airways Express livery on the ramp at Sao Jose dos Campos awaiting delivery. US Airways has firm orders for 85.--Sandra Arnoult

Looks like a top aircraft in photos I've seen.
'Reckon it's got a place here in Oz, also.
Keen on others thoughts, if anyone has had anything to do with it or studied the performance stats.
:ok:
"Keep the Blue up"

Airspeed Ambassador
10th Feb 2004, 17:40
My guess is Qantas will order the 170/190 to replace the 146. Whether NJS gets to fly them is another question.

Either way it looks like a winner.

AA

AIRWAY
10th Feb 2004, 18:11
Keen on others thoughts, if anyone has had anything to do with it or studied the performance stats.

G'day.

I took some digital pictures of the EMB170 ( internal, cockpit and external ) when the aircraft was in Portugal doing a demo flight for a Portuguese regional carrier already flying embraer planes ( ERJ145 ), if you are interested in seeing them just PM me.

Capn Bloggs
10th Feb 2004, 19:14
That's MY baby!!

orva
10th Feb 2004, 19:33
Bloggs...from what I have heard u where born for a nursery and thats whre it should end

Capn Bloggs
12th Feb 2004, 23:52
Well Orva,

If you think the Jungle Jet is a nursery compared to the Real Man's machine I'm trying to fly now, then that's fine with me! I'm ready to go back to the nursery any time! Matter of fact, I'd like to go now!