PDA

View Full Version : The word on the GF street?

wandrinabout
10th Feb 2004, 13:26
I'm hearing whispers and if there is any truth to it, its a biggy.

Word is that Abu Dhabi is to pull out of GF to concentrate on Etihad, leaving only Bahrain and Oman as the owner states. As a result, Gulf Traveller is to leave AUH and be relocated to Muscat. A tad unsettling for all those involved no doubt.

Anyone in the know care to add kudos to the above, or conversly shoot it down? Be my guest....

Fox3snapshot
10th Feb 2004, 14:02
As long as Etihad expand and fill the vacume of hosties if GF pulled outa here I don't care....didn't come all the way over here for nuffin.

:E

boiler
11th Feb 2004, 11:38
I think it is too early for that to happen. GF is the main user/operater of AUH. If I am not mistaken, GT was placed in AUH to please the authorities there and promote a lot of traffic growth there. If AUH will pull out right now, u might as well shut the airport down. Itihad is still too young to fully take over.

ironbutt57
12th Feb 2004, 00:56
Thought I'd heard all the "conspiracy theories" but that's a new one!!! Time to dust off the crystal ball..:cool: :cool: :cool:

12th Feb 2004, 01:06
So many rumours, there is of course the one about Etihad taking over GT.

If the crystal ball works Ironbutt let me know what it says.

doha
12th Feb 2004, 01:21
there was a talk about it in news paper that the gulf air ceo
is afraied that abudhabi is thinking about it,because itihad is not doing so good ,so there is some thing decided all ready,not official
yet that they are pulling out for this reason and other ,
the arabic news paper think it is only a matter of time before it is officially that abu dhabi is pulling out,soon

cordy
17th Feb 2004, 09:18
Good luck to all in Gulf Air if Abu Dhabi pulls out, you all should start to look for jobs if that is the situation.
I realy do not think it will happen soon because I'v heard that they might get regional jets to do Gulf Traveller's routes, but talk is cheep.
:D

boiler
17th Feb 2004, 15:44
I doubt the RJ's can do the GT routes. The GT routes are mainly ISC, and the cheapest way to carry the tremendous amount of passengers is by the 767's (the cost per seat of the RJ's is extremely high). To replace the 767's with RJ's is doubtful since you will need to replace a single 767 frequency with 3-4 RJ flights. The RJ's (I assume) would mainly be used for intra-gulf frequencies, no more.

Ramboflyer 1
17th Feb 2004, 23:28
Im sure ETIHAD will take the pilots if GT slows down or closes down they will have to run out of endorsed pilots within the year anyway, plenty of jobs for everybody..

cordy
19th Feb 2004, 01:15
Etihad will add an ex Singapore A340-300 to operate long haul. It is in Flight International Mag.

Air_Dream
13th Mar 2004, 18:16
Yes, its just like Qatar pulling out of Gulf Air to keep Qatar Airways.... it will happen in the future but I dont think it will happen just yet. A considerable amount of engineering for GF and GT goes on in AUH and relocating GT is not going to be an easy task.

Muttley Crew
13th Mar 2004, 19:11
As long as Etihad expand and fill the vacume of hosties if GF pulled outa here I don't care....didn't come all the way over here for nuffin. Is that nuffin or muffin?

And what about the new pilot.... frog, I think...??? Don't you think you should diversify a little? :E

Brenoch
14th Mar 2004, 00:22
Is it a good idea to think twice before jumping on an offer to join Gulf Air on the 767 based in AUH??

mogley
20th Mar 2004, 14:46
No one really sure what's going on.I guess that with the Bahrain F1 coming up soon it's make or break time for both Bahrain & GF.
Also the GT guys have been dreaming of getting into Etihad since it started & they've been spreading numerous rumours about Etihad taking over GT-wishful thinking maybe!

NTM
20th Mar 2004, 15:44
Mogley,

The Frog says Bonjour.
And not all GT Crews are DREAMING of getting into Etihad.

Air_Dream
21st Mar 2004, 02:58
very wishful... GT are as much Gulf Air as Gulf Air is Gulf Air, so if Etihad take over GulfT, they might as well take GF at the same time. Remember, GT is another name but its still flys the GF signature.

Air_Dream
24th Mar 2004, 15:12
Some info about flights to BAH during the F1 season... Y class out of LHR is choca-block from this Thursday onwards (25th March).... lots of unhappy pax if they go for the F1 and miss it and get DNB instead.

ironbutt57
26th Mar 2004, 04:05
"The grass is always greener on the other side" but we all know plants grow greener because they are better FERTILIZED (feces) most of the GT crews are not "California dreamin'" about Etihad, or anybody else..let the chips fall where they may, rumours are just that...sorry "666" the crystal ball is still foggy...gonna sit tight! "Good things come to those who wait" motto to live by:ok: :ok: :cool: