PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question

Ed Winchester
10th Feb 2004, 10:54
Hi all,

I am sure there is an easy answer to this, but it has been bugging me for a while now.

When I open Internet Explorer, it opens 'full screen' (with toolbars), which is what I want/like.

However, if I then click on a link within a page, to open a new window, the new window is the size of about a quarter of the screen, and I have to maximize it each time.

Is there a way to ensure that each new window opened will open as a full sized page?

Thanks in advance.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
10th Feb 2004, 11:44
Ed Winchester,

Right click the shortcut icon for IE next to the Start button, choose Properties, change it from 'normal' to 'maximized'. Now open it.

Now right click any link on the page, choose Open In New Window....don't maximize it....instead, use the mouse to resize it to what you want it to be.

Now close the FIRST window you opened, and then close the new one you just resized.

Reopen IE from the shortcut icon again, and all windows from now on will be the size you choose and created.

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. If you do not want to do all that, then just use IE New Window Maximizer (http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm) ;)

Ed Winchester
10th Feb 2004, 21:30
And the problem was solved.

Thank you very much for your help. :ok:

Naples Air Center, Inc.
11th Feb 2004, 05:48
Ed Winchester,

That is great news. Always glad to help. ;)

Take Care,

Richard