PDA

View Full Version : Getting a N Reg Corp job in the UK

BritishGuy
10th Feb 2004, 07:19
I'm a UK Citizen (born and raised) - with a US Green Card and a little while back I moved myself out to the US. Am now in Florida flight instructing, and doing all sorts to get the hours up. I'm up to about 1100 hours now. I've run into someone here looking to give me a chance in a learjet as SIC. I want to know, once I have some lear SIC (hopefully PIC) in the next year or so, whats the chances of me coming back to the UK and flying a N-reg corp jet from the UK. Bear in mind I don't have a JAR licence and don't really want to either. I really want to come back home to tell you the truth and am wondering of the feasabilty.

Oluf
10th Feb 2004, 17:50
Hi there BritishGuy

There are a number of N registered private jets flying around europe, and the the possibillity is always there for a job. You can also consider flying on VP registered of which there are a few in europe. How many there are operating out of the UK I have no idea, but if you are willing to consider the rest of Europe, the chances are there. On a long term basis I would recomend You face up to the inevitable JAR, that will ease things conciderably for you and give you more options IMHO.
Get into the Lear ASAP, it`s a great plane, and experience is everything. ( Which lear btw)
Good luck.:ok:

O

BritishGuy
11th Feb 2004, 01:31
Thanks for the reply there....out of curiosity, as I don't know this. Do VP registered aircraft accept an FAA Licenced crew?? And where is VP registered to? I think its the Bahamas, but am not too sure.

Cathar
11th Feb 2004, 01:54
VP is a sub division of the UK register used for most of the UK's Overseas Territories. VP-B (Bermuda) and VP-C (Cayman Islands) are the only ones with significant numbers of corporate aircraft.

My understanding is that they will validate FAA licences (subject to certain conditions).

bluesafrica
11th Feb 2004, 05:01
Bermuda requires now on FAA licenses a full type rating even from co-pilots. I think that Cayman will follow soon. Other than that FAA licenses will be validated as they are.
Blues