PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Ground School

On the Long Road....
10th Feb 2004, 00:04
Hi all just about to embark on the ATPL Ground school (residential) at London Guildhall (Met) and was wondering if anyone else was starting on the 8th March too.?

It would be good to get together down there a get ready for the onslaught of maths and physics.

also any comments good or bad regarding the uni and stapleford flight centre would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance .. form a guy at the begining of a very very long road. . .

Baron buzz
10th Feb 2004, 04:42
Hi there

I have just finished my stint at London and can do nothing but completely and thoroughly reccommend them. The support and help throughout the course is excellent and the knowledge of the instructors is second to none.

Just to give you some idea, out of our class we have either passed all the exams first time of dropped one. This was not without a hell of a lot of work though!

Either way, best of luck to you

Pilot16
10th Feb 2004, 04:48
Hi, I done my PPL and Night Qualification there
about 70 hours, all from Stapleford.

Havent flown from anywhere else. But I can say Stapleford is good.
I have had problems with instructors there, but after a lot of hussle managed to get the right one.

The club it self is very friendly and everybody will give you lots of positive feedback as it always happens here!

CAT3C AUTOLAND
11th Feb 2004, 02:12
Think I will go with Baron buzz. I finished LGU last year after spending 7 months studying there, and had a great time. Again the majority of the guys on our course were done and dusted in minimum time, with first time passes. However, like Baron suggests, be prepared to put the work in and work your ass off and everything will slide nicely into place.

When you get there ask Mike Alderton whether he has ever rolled a VC-10, and what he does with the 12 volt batteries when the temperature is -40 degrees celcius on the ground :D.

Have a good time :ok: