PDA

View Full Version : Aviation in Hawaii?

Bingo Bango Bongo
9th Feb 2004, 22:22
Hi All,

Sitting here in the cold winter and daydreaming about working in Hawaii. Anyone know anything about the jet scene in Hawaii? Or any other nice, warm tropical place for that matter?

varigflier
16th Feb 2004, 03:07
Well, I couple of years ago I would say pick up your stuff and move because once you get here you will get a job, but now it's not like that anymore. Even for CFIs it's hard to get jobs in hawaii. Hawaiian is still laying off pilots and in bankrutpcy. Aloha is hiring but they hire mostly from Island Air. Island Air has not seen much movement but promisse to hire soon after being sold to nem management. There are a few other operators here but as far as I know they are not hiring now. It sure is fun to fly here!!!

weasil
17th Feb 2004, 20:21
Varigflier,
I live in Chicago... and it's freezing. How about telling us a little bit about the climate out there right now... it would make my day.

varigflier
17th Feb 2004, 21:32
I know what you are feeling. I used to live in Michigan and it sucked. Hawaii has an awesome climate. Right now it's 25C outside with a few clouds. It's like this pretty much all year. 30C in summer time and 25C in winter. Sometimes in winter it rains more than usual but it still never gets cold. T-shirt and shorts all year long!!!! :ok: