PDA

View Full Version : pleasant lingerings of my instructional days!!

Ace on Base
9th Feb 2004, 20:41
What an EXCELENT idea Reverseflowkeroburna!!:ok:

I am quite often surprised when I arc up the ol' 'puta to find that another of my past students is writting to let me know about their travels and triumphs around the world in different A/C types.

Recently, a student was telling me that he had logged 900 hours in the last year and a quarter in a CRJ, and was loving it. He still affectionatly calls me "my instructor".:D

Occasionally I get a read of the CX Crew News publication, and see previous students of mine doing well - this is rewarding.

Anyone else have these joys from their instructing days (current or past) :)

Reverseflowkeroburna
14th Feb 2004, 18:36
Thanks Ace!

Yeah it's good to have the odd positive thread!!!!!!!

I've a couple of old students who are doing quite well for themselves in the GA scene. One, for whom I did a night rating, was flying night freight last I heard. I guess I didn't pass on too many of my bad habits????

The reason that the idea sprang to mind though was from me surprising my first (ab initio) instructor with an unexpected visit when I had an interview recently.

He too, I think, was pleasantly surprised to find out that another of his "apprentices" had pressed on in this debacle of an industry.

It's good to see the fruit ripen on the tree that you planted!!!!
It's also something that those who have never held the relevant rating are unlikely to ever understand????:ok:

Cheers,

RFKB