PDA

View Full Version : Info on Virgin Express standards please?

BusyB
9th Feb 2004, 18:37
I'm travelling on hols with VE and would like a bit more info please. When I book a package in the UK I would prefer to fly on a UK airline.

Wing Commander Fowler
10th Feb 2004, 07:49
OK so what happened? Were you duped into believing that everything Virgin was British???

:\

BusyB
10th Feb 2004, 16:20
No, Virgins can come from anywhere. I just wanted a bit more background on VE, I know they're a 737 operator with mostly schedules out of Brussels but what are they like for pax, where do their pilots come from, are their FTL's abused or is it a happy airline?etc.
Any info gratefully received.

Wing Commander Fowler
10th Feb 2004, 17:57
Pilots are mix of european and antipodean, a well trained bunch so no problems there - cabin crew mostly Belgies. Service is good again on the whole. You should have a most pleasant flight.

Enjoy your holiday :ok:

BusyB
22nd Feb 2004, 05:19
WCF, Nice flights both ways thanks, Not terribly well handled at LGW end. It was apparently a wet-lease for excel and I suspect we were better off.

Wing Commander Fowler
22nd Feb 2004, 16:03
BusyB - thanks for the update. Delighted you had a good time and thanks for letting me know. Both companies in my CV (small world this one!!) and I would recommend either to passengers.

Take care now.

bmibaby.com
23rd Feb 2004, 03:31
I've had the pleasure of flying with Virgin Express over the past few years when they used to fly LHR-BRU-BCN & LHR-BRU-CPH both on leisure visits that worked out cheaper than flying from Stansted with Go at the time.

Onboard the airline's flights you used to be given a meal bag with a sandwich & a carton of juice and then you could buy snacks or drinks from the cart for no-frills-airline type prices.

The cabin crew were some of the friendliest and most professional of any no-frills airline I've travelled on, and the leather seats and leg room were comfortable for the short flights.

Wing Commander Fowler
23rd Feb 2004, 07:17
Seem to remember we called them the "plane meal".... ah those were the days hehe!

:{

UFGBOY
23rd Feb 2004, 15:39
And good to work for.. those BCN night stops and that SN free bar.....