PDA

View Full Version : First Australian-made FSD-2 platform

wish2bflying
9th Feb 2004, 13:20
I am very pleased to announce that after two years of development, Geosim Technologies (http://www.geosim.com.au/) has produced the first (we believe) Australian-made FSD-2 Category B Synthetic Training Device to be accredited by CASA and put on the Australian register. :D :ok: :ok: :ok:

The pictures you'll see on the web site are a little out of date - the final version of the simulator looks quite a bit more polished than it appears there, but you get the idea.

We have several additions to this platform to incorporate in the coming months to offer a basic no-frills version and a higher-end "bells and whistles" version.

Please forgive the obvious plug - this is very exciting for me as I have been intimately involved in this project for many months and this is the culmination of a great deal of hard work. If you are interested in further information, or are coming through Brisbane and can drop by, please feel free to email us via the web site or call me on 0400508040 to organise a visit. The simulator is currently located near the airport so would be ideal for anyone passing through.

Our thanks to the many partners that helped in this project, including Aviation Australia, the Queensland Government, VizMap, Marturion Marketing, SimLink Controls International, and many more.

The claim to be the first is true to our best knowledge at this time. Please feel free to provide information if you feel this is not accurate.

Cheers,

Michael Earley
Brisbane, Australia
Mobile: 0400 508 040
International: +61 400 508 040

wish2bflying
11th Feb 2004, 12:44
We're interested in doing some international media promotion of this - are there any PPruNe'rs here with aviation media contacts that you could pass on? Please PM me with anything you feel could be useful.

Thanks

--
Michael Earley.
Brisbane, Australia

Autorotate
11th Feb 2004, 12:47
Looks very much like a Fly It sim, except outside its trailer.

Autorotate.

wish2bflying
11th Feb 2004, 13:07
Flyit is our main competitor in the price range, but we believe we have a superior product. Our cockpit in the production model will closely resemble the most popular helicopter in the world, as we've found the H300 to be too restrictive for future development.

Also, Flyit is not approved by CASA for use in Australia (that I'm aware of). Elite has only just come up with a helicopter simulator platform (AS350), but their price point makes the purchase of their product hard to justify in comparison with ours.

Michael.