PDA

View Full Version : 5 Star outback resorts.

High Altitude
9th Feb 2004, 06:41
I am in search of luxury 5 star remote resorts.

There is Seven Spirirt Bay, Elquestro.......

Anywhere in Oz really as long as there is a strip.

I've had an interesting request.

flying_phonebox
9th Feb 2004, 07:07
HA,

What about latitude 31? I think thats the name, being reopened i think after fires round alice.

compressor stall
9th Feb 2004, 07:20
Yeah that sprang to min too F-B...latitude 31 at Ayers Rock.

Not much on cape york though in that category (unless they've re-opened a renovated Pajinka resort?). Most of the Daintree stuff is accessed thru cairns and not that remote.

The chamberlan suite at ELQ would be good, but don;t know how the strip will accommodate something big.

Lizard Island is nice (the island) but the rooms are a bit 80's with a tart up. Not too many complaints though from the wealthy pundits I flew out of there (including Euro Royalty!). Strip is 9?0m long though. Most of the famous rock starts, F1 drivers and golfers leave their GIVs in CNS and get a smaller aircraft over there.

The roadhouse at Warburton Range is nice. Good strip too. :p

cjam
9th Feb 2004, 07:39
Are you going to let us in on the interesting request HA?
It sounds.....uuum...interesting.

Two_dogs
9th Feb 2004, 15:37
Try this one. Very nice, very exxxpensive!

http://www.haggerstoneisland.com

Land at Hicks Island (YHKI). Been there myself several times, but the C206 only needs about half the strip.
GAM fly Aero Commanders in all the time, (at reduced weights).

One of the Hicks Island residents has recently purchased a PC-12, and the strip will soon be upgraded. The Pilatus test pilot has been there already on a demonstration visit without a problem.

Two Dogs :cool:

Turbulent Eddy
9th Feb 2004, 17:58
What about the ol' Lajamanu Heights Hilton?
The "ambience" was apparent as soon as you hit the "terminal" facilities. :ugh: :yuk:

If it's too booked out with international stars, the nearby Dagaragu River Sheraton isn't quite as flash, but it will do. :ok:

Sheep Guts
9th Feb 2004, 20:29
Theres about 20 Five Star all inclusive Resorts here H.A. Now with the Free Trade agreement signed and delivered ( bad luck to sugar farmers ) Aussie needs to get in this resort action. Business trips etc etc.

And these Resort where ever they are in Oz need decent length strips and FBOs so they can all come down in their Global Expresses.

Sheep;)

The Strez
10th Feb 2004, 00:37
Dem plenty of stars at da Boab now dat Karaoke on Friday nites!!:}

swh
12th Feb 2004, 06:36
Strez, love it

Two_dogs : "Pilatus test pilot" to you mean "Pilatus demostration pilot ", the test pilot bloke has a german accent and lives in Europe, then other guy lives in Oz.

Two_dogs
12th Feb 2004, 22:22
swh

You’re probably correct about who would most likely be flying the aircraft, but it’s academic. The thread is about Resorts and their air access.

I was merely repeating verbatim what I was told. That ‘the Pilatus test pilot had been into the Island in a PC-12’

Two Dogs :cool:

halfhardt-6
16th Feb 2004, 13:50
What about the Maningride Meridian or the Ramingining Regent? Both very nice this or any time of year. Apart from the stinkers.

Tucker
18th Feb 2004, 16:18
SWH......I think 2 dogs just had a minor "slip" of the tongue..............

My vote goes to Mt. Hart Station over in north WA.....excellent service all round.

ControlLock
18th Feb 2004, 16:35
Can't go past a double bunk at the Pink Roadhouse Oodnadatta!
They'll even pick you up in the back of the ute.

Mr. Hat
20th Feb 2004, 23:04
Julia Creek in QLD.

Tennant Creek in NT.

deeper
24th Feb 2004, 12:41
bullo river station, nt

fantastic place.

airforce land hercs there no probs.

marlee and franz ranacher owners.

helicopter flights, barra by the truckload, very remote.

modern facilities.

greg norman takes his family there.

i go there a bit for the fishing.

your client will love it.

Dave Incognito
24th Feb 2004, 13:30
Bullo can be good, but have had a few experiences of poor service.

Once took a group of punters out there when Franz and Marlee were mustering away from the homestead. Nobody else on the station had been set aside to look after my pax (who were paying big bucks to be there), and when I requested that someone should at least give them a tour of the place, I was told to do it myself.

HA,

There is a magazine/soft back going around which I believe is called ‘Outback in Style’. Covers many of the flash outback places to stay at like El Questro, Faraway Bay (you’d know that one though), Kimberly Coastal Camp etc etc. Covers most of Australia.