PDA

View Full Version : Whitsundays/ Hayman/ Reef.

High Altitude
9th Feb 2004, 06:33
I need information on float plane operators from Hayman/ Hamilton.

Are the following reefs within reach:-
Coral Island
Osprey Reef
Marion Reef

AND

Also are there any operators who can provide a turbine or jet for a Hamilton Is - Lord Howe - Norfolk - Hamilton Is?

Thanks in advance HA.

compressor stall
9th Feb 2004, 06:49
Air Whitsunday flying the remodelled Beavers are probably your best bet. Schmick machines and a schmick operation. They operate from Airley Beach/Schute Harbour.

The only operator based on Hammo is Hamilton Island aviation. Not sure if their beavers are still operational after their run of outs including yacht masts. :ugh:

As for turbine operators, try GAM's 690 in Cairns - I know that's been to LHI. Not sure about Norfolk though. 1800 659 808 from memory.

CS

Capt Fathom
9th Feb 2004, 11:06
Osprey Reef is 400nm NNW of Hamilton Is. (0n the Cairns to Port Moresby track)

Marion Reef is 210nm ENE of Hamilton Is.

Can't help with Coral Island...not heard of that one!

8 8th's Blue
9th Feb 2004, 18:02
HA,
There is heaps of reef within 30-40 nm of hamo, It will look just as good as the ones you mentioned from the air. The only people who would notice a difference are divers(The further you go off shore the clearer the water) The above mentioned float plane operators visit these closer reefs on a daily basis. As for Osprey and Marion any info you seek can be sought via mobs like Pro Dive in CNS as they visit these sites pretty often. Some of them offer Float plane transfers to boats out of CNS but you would have to check with the dive operaters up there to get specifics.

88b

High Altitude
10th Feb 2004, 11:29
I have a very wealthy client who is very specific on what they are after!!!

Aerodynamisist
10th Feb 2004, 16:50
Sounds like a good trip

sea planes

http://www.airwhitsunday.com.au/

AD/DUNNY/01
11th Feb 2004, 08:43
Mate try Pel Air, Got a fleet of Westwind's that could quite easily do the trick, do medivac's to Noumea etc fairly regularly I believe.