PDA

View Full Version : Oranges & Applets

Wing Commander Fowler
9th Feb 2004, 06:24
Hi again chaps

running on from my last thread "This is gonna be complikated" this PC that HAD been inundated with virii and thankfully is now under control with assistance from the kind Orac is still slightly under par......

We have a website www.passwithflyingcolours.com which features an applet by anfy (an applet editor). The applet used I'm guessing resides upon his domain. Now, since the re-laying on of hands by Billy boys Windows XP each time I visit the aforementioned website the applet no longer appears. I've tried every setting in the book of Internet explorer tools under "security" and "advanced" but none seem to have the desired effect. :confused:

If Anyone out there in the ether has any ideas I would surely be grateful (as I bleedin' well hope) will me oppo!!

Would uninstalling internet explorer and then re-installing it do the biz maybe? :{

goates
9th Feb 2004, 09:15
It looks like a java applet. You probably just need to re-install java. Go to this site (http://www.java.com/en/index.jsp) and click the get it now button on the top right.

goates

BRL
9th Feb 2004, 14:29
Hi there, can't help you really but just to say I have looked at your site and it all works ok for me. Running XP here. By the way, you have nicked my logo..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wing Commander Fowler
9th Feb 2004, 19:10
Thanx Goates - sometimes the simplicity of the problems that appear in my otherwise VERY complex life overwhelm me.......

BRL - ya had me there for a minute (noticing you used to reside from the pool) I initially thought you were referring to the old coathanger at Runcorn there hehe....

Sorry we poached ya logo mate!

:ok: