PDA

View Full Version : Building Some Multi-engine time

aces low
9th Feb 2004, 04:07
Does anybody have any recommendations for building multi time...either here in the UK or US/Canada/NZ/Aus/ South Africa etc. I need to get an idea of how much 100 hours (including check rides, accommodation and airfare would cost? I've seen the ads for the USA in the back of the flying magazines...but have never met anybody who has done it. Any success or scare stories out there?

onehunga
9th Feb 2004, 05:51
At the risk of sounding repetitive try searching on the schools that advertise. Generally you will find that the cheapest ones in Pilot and Flyer have a few "tricks up their sleeves". For example they will pair you off with another wannabe so you only get to log half the time under JARland rules. Or have you flying at 2am in the morning as the hour builders only get the aircraft at nights due to training requirements during the day. So any ideas of nice jaunts here and there are quickly out of the frame and you might also find that you get your time in 2 hour slots rather than a full day/night which severely restricts your ability to go anywhere adventurous or interesting.

There are loads of good schools that get a regular mention on these threads. A lot are US based. Most have twins and with the current FX rate you will find it a bargain when compared to the UK. No doubt someone with experience of SA, Canada or elsewhere will jump in with some advice. The US seems to be the most well trodden path though in my opinion.

PS: Don't have a multi rating myself yet but the above is just experiences I have gleaned from a couple of SE hour building trips to Florida and California.

CAP509castaway
9th Feb 2004, 18:07
Why???????
Do you want to build hours for licence issue or to improve your CV. If it is the latter you would do better to try and build contacts with an airline.Feel free to send me a PM and I will try and pont you in the right direction,:ok: :ok: :ok:

spitfire747
9th Feb 2004, 19:23
as an example in Florida

Piper Seneca £100 an hour
accommodation is £350 per month

check out is about 2 - 3 hours depending on experience and licence

check out the schools, they will tell you more than me

Spitty

Flying surfer
9th Feb 2004, 22:15
The cheapest place I've found was air desert pacific in LA with a seneca only costing $120/hr which seesm the cheapest.

check them out

aces low
10th Feb 2004, 23:43
Thanks All (including PMs). Will start to investigate USA.