PDA

View Full Version : Copying MS Outlook 2000 Data

FJJP
8th Feb 2004, 17:11
Using Win/Office 2000, workstation, connected to an MS Exchange server. I have to have 2 separate MS Outlook profiles to operate 2 types of e-mail (x-400 & web-based) - don't ask, not my decision, it's a stupid work thing. The original Outlook has all my work stuff on it, including several different contacts folders, large number of e-mail storage files (where I put read mail), and most important of all, an extensive address book.

At the moment, when I open Outlook, a window appears asking me to select the profile I want. I select the web-based profile and I can use it as normal, but since it is recently set up, it doesn't have any info like my other profile. Rather than generate all the data manually, is there a way I can copy my data from one to the other?

I confess to being stumped on this one.

Saab Dastard
8th Feb 2004, 19:37
FJJP,

Have a look at MS Office support site:

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010549441033&CTT=98

Useful article on exporting Outlook from one PC to another, but much will be relevant to you.

Note that you may be able to maintain a single .PAB (address book folder) by pointing both profiles to a single file.

HTH

SD