PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated FO Program - EK

Babybus Driver
8th Feb 2004, 08:42
Hi All,
Interested in applying to EK and there is a contradiction on the company website as to how much P1 Jet time is required to meet the program....1000 or 2000 hrs? Is there any credit given for TRE/IRE experience? Also how many EK F/O's are in the program waiting for their upgrade. Thanks for the replies!

dooner
8th Feb 2004, 10:49
2000 hrs L.S. on 55T or more, no credit for CCP A or B authority (trust me on that one) and 8000 hrs total ON THE DAY YOU JOINED Emirates.

They are big on this "day you joined ..." stuff. My neighbor has 5000+ command on heavy-jet but only had 9820 when he joined so he was told he didn't qualify for the DEC requirements (3000+ command and 10,000 total), despite having 10400 hours when the whole DEC issue was instituted.

As far as numbers on the accelerated list who knows for certain, right now very few, but if the rumoured change back to the 1000 hrs comes through then the list will certainly grow.

Babybus Driver
14th Feb 2004, 22:45
Thanks for the reply.....I find it odd that EK wants 2000 hrs P1 for their accelerated program that requires you to sit as an FO for 18 months yet if I stay with my current employer for another 14 months I'd meet their DEC program criteria (assuming the option is still available).

Backwater
15th Feb 2004, 12:40
BB Driver, your confusion is justified. Many things are apparently under review. There is a pilot meeting at the end of the month to address issues from the previous meeting.
Perhaps some clearer and hopefully more sensible criteria will emerge then. I suggest you check this message board on the 1st March.

Payscale
15th Feb 2004, 22:15
Well.... 3 years from youngest FO to Captain IS in itself very fast.. If you are not prepared to wait 3 years, maybe you should stay where you are now, because here things change everyday so everyone is confused. 3 years is nothing for a widebody command. If you have held one before, how long did it take you to climb the senoritylist to get it?
Wellcome onboard

Babybus Driver
16th Feb 2004, 00:59
Payscale....you are quite correct, however I have over 9500 hrs including 5000 hrs Jet with a decent command job on a A320. I don't mind sittting as a FO for a year or so to learn the system but I've done my apprenticeship as a FO already. EK needs high time experienced Pilots to help grow the airline and that is their target group....

MrSkupe
16th Feb 2004, 01:13
Good Day,
Regarding the minimum requirements for Direct Entry F/O at Emirates; does anyone one know if they consider military jet (fighter) time or are they firm on the;

Requirements for Position of First Officer - A330/A340 and B777

A minimum of 4000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 2000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience

I appreciate the demands on the training system, and the desire for type rated folks, but there is only one "chair" in the our jet thus multi crew time is problematic.

Any thoughts, opinions, or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bo Jingly
16th Feb 2004, 04:21
They're firm Mr Skupe. Several people here with fast jet time have had to wait their turn, even after being promised 'something' different. Not happy Bunnies either...........

For info; those coming from the UK should consider the exchange rate at the moment. which is very poor at @ 7/£. It's forecast to go up to 9/£. I laughed when they said 7 to be honest, so financially don't make it your main reason to come here.

All the best...

MrSkupe
16th Feb 2004, 05:20
Bo Jingly,
Thanks very much for the info. I will keep my eyes and ears open all the same. As for exchange rates, the Canadian Peso is slowly making an advance. Cheers!

Muttley Crew
16th Feb 2004, 05:37
MrSkupe it's my impression that they do consider mil jet time but multi-crew is still a must.

Ie

F111, F14, Tornado, etc.........Yes
F-16, FA-18(A,C), etc..............No

The ones "waiting their turn" may meet the above criteria or may have joined previously when requirements were different.

MrSkupe
16th Feb 2004, 06:04
Muttley Crew / Bo Jingly,

Once again, much appreciated. Just looking to get a foot in the door. 175 Hrs/year does'nt allow for "accumulation". I suppose a letter or application wouldn't hurt though.

How is the retirement plan, if you don't mind me asking? I'm not well versed on what the provident fund is. Cheers Gents.

Payscale
16th Feb 2004, 16:01
BABAYBUS DRIVER - just my point! "I have done my FO time", well we all have! EK mainly recruts ex-captains. You chose to leave your old job and come here. Great. But this is not a contract job. We join and do our time. I believe we are all qualfied to do the job and after 1 year ready for command. I am also waiting for mine. I was also a captain. Flew in conditions much harsher than this. But, hey, lets enjoy it and they will probably change the goal posts again on the 28th meeting.

Cheers

Babybus Driver
17th Feb 2004, 09:07
Payscale...my apologizes....I spent more than a few years as a FO and enjoyed every minute....it wasn't my intent to be negative about the position. I'm looking at EK for a career and I just want to make sure I have all the information to make an informed decision. Looking forward to hearing the outcome of the meeting on the 28th.......Cheers Babybus Driver

Payscale
18th Feb 2004, 01:55
Babybus Driver

We will keep you posted
Cheers

Ghostflyer
18th Feb 2004, 11:56
Mr Skupe,

Check your PMs

Ghost