PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneurial ......

Metch
7th Feb 2004, 23:06
Ok, so getting a job is going to be harder than cutting frozen butter with a blunt knife.

Is there anything stopping a recently qualified CPL, hitting the tourist hot spots, and pitching the gaggle of tourists into taking scenic flights, fishing, hunting, or anything tourists want to do with their time, which if you pitch it right will incorporate the use of a R44, confidently hired from a third party outlet.

I know that if it's commercial you will get swamped in red tape, however if the low time pilot contributes to the cost of the hire of the helicopter, & the whole thing is a non profit enterprise purely put together for hour building, then surely this is a possible avenue to explore.

The only thing to be wary of is competition, in that IF this is possible, you will be considerably cheaper than someone who has to contend with red tape. (Might present a problem in getting someone to hire you a ship)

The main point of contention which I have absolutely no idea about is, insurance. However as you have hired the heli under the ambit of a domestic hire agreement, & as you are not making any cash from providing your services, indeed you may need to contribute to the costs, surely any indemnity would sit with the provider of the heli. Especially if you get the punters to sign a waiver.

It’s just a thought……..
:hmm:

The Nr Fairy
7th Feb 2004, 23:58
Metch:

"It's just a thought" - better off keep it that way.

If any operator with half decent business sense heard you were using their machine this way, you'd lose the use of it pronto.

Not to mention the limit on movements above which you have to have fire cover, base and line checks to be flying on an AOC, insurance . . . I'm sure there will be more to come.

If you want to do it legally then there's no real alternative.