PDA

View Full Version : Navy Aircrew and the AIB

AlphaSierra
6th Feb 2004, 21:36
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find much on here about RN aircrew and the AIB. The search doesn't seem to be working which doesn't help.

I'm a bloke who's recently *rsed up at OASC (and is kicking himself HARD for it). Today I had what I thought was going to be an informal chat with a RN Liason Officer, regarding the FAA. Fortunately (but embarassingly) for me It turned out to be a heavyish interview which revealed to me just how little I know about the RN. I now have a generous four months to get moving and impress the right people in order to get an application in.

Are there others out there in this situation? If you're anything like me you'll be deadly serious about the idea of a career in the RN, its just that it's the first time it's come to mind.

I should say at this point that I certainly don't rate the FAA as a secondary air force, so don't pull my hair out please :) I just have a RAFy background so it was an obvious first choice for me.

Any views on this would be good. It would be interesting to hear from people who were in this situation, and who pulled through too! I didn't motivate myself half as much as I should have done for OASC. I want to come away from the AIB knowing that even if I don't pass, I have been a genuinly reasonable candidate who can go back to the OASC with a positive attitude at the end of the year.

Cheers for reading. A bit long winded but I got there in the end!

Andy

scroggs
7th Feb 2004, 05:22
Try the military forum; there are many FAA pilots who post there and will no doubt help you out.

Scroggs

small_dog
8th Feb 2004, 01:55
Andy,

Check you Private Messages for a response.

cheers,

small dog