arr 2100 12345- - A319 BD340
arr 2115 --------6- E145 BD340
arr 2115 ---------7 A319 BD340

mmeteesside
http://www.mmemovements.tk

10 DME ARC
6th Feb 2004, 15:09
Down to three a day!

And jungle jet on Saturday night stop? I presume on the LHR?

Sad even with the bigger a/c:(

Young Paul
6th Feb 2004, 16:21
??? It's been three a day for several years!

Little Blue
7th Feb 2004, 04:48
And the most they had was 5....
At least baby are keeping them a tad more busy,,,
Anyway...Mel doesn't want to work TOO hard for her money !!!
;) ;)

BombardierCR7
7th Feb 2004, 05:38
Surprising to see the 320 is not the night stopper. AC and LH codeshare may have something to do with that

As for BMIbaby, we will see what the poor scheduling does with EZY to the north and LS to the south.

no, no, no
9th Feb 2004, 19:33
why would AC & LH be bothered that the A320 isn't the night stop? From what I can see it is currently a F100, and has never been as big an aircraft as the 320..... surely the volumes coming out of MME don't justify 156 seats???? do they????

Bezi l
9th Feb 2004, 21:09
F100 night stop until the introduction of the 3rd A319 into the bmi fleet, and will then be an A319 operation.

onion
13th Feb 2004, 11:33
No no no

The Heathrow used to be done 5 times a day and was fairly full every time. A320s are sometimes used on the Heathrow at the moment and even the odd A321. Previous aircraft have been 737s and DC9s so there is definetly enough people out there to fill an A320 3 times a day. On top of that remember Newcastle have alot more flights into Heathrow as well as having flights to Gatwick and Stansted so there are plenty of passengers out there wanting to fly to London. :)

Oh by the way BombadierCR7 baby flights doing just fine mate. 10% of all seats for the summer sold in the first weekend, seems they got it right. So if you actually knew what you where on about you would keep quiet or comment on things that happen in Berlin not something that goes on at Teesside!!!:sad:

Young Paul
13th Feb 2004, 17:01
You're basically wrong, I'm afraid.

The 737's on the route were 500's - with 113 seats. That's a major difference from 152 on a A320. 320's and 321's would currently be used as backup aircraft; I would be most surprised if capacity is actually being sold to 320 levels, let alone 321.

As for loads, when they went from 5 to 3 flights a day (a reduction in capacity of 40%), the reduction in traffic was (I am led to believe) less than 15% - you could probably get these figures from the CAA. So you can imagine what that did to the income per flight. With the current low cost fare structure, the income per flight will be substantially better still - since the more full a flight is, the higher the average fare.

If the airline was making loads of money on the route (as it would have been if the flight was "fairly full every time") do you think it would have wanted to use the slots for something else?!

BombardierCR7
13th Feb 2004, 23:50
Onion,

My statement was made out of rhetoric. It is a question that can be answered in 7 or 8 months time when we see the results of the operation.

You cannot judge an operation from the first weekend sales, of course they are going to be high, and of course BMIBaby are going to say it is a complete success, they are hardly going to say it is a disaster are they? They released very similar press releases after the Cardiff and Manchester launches, and I am sure they'll do the same with the Gatwick operation - it's normal - it's called positive PR! The point I was making is that we will have to wait and see what the impact will be of three airport in Yorks and North East with LCC's and who is pulling from who's catchment area. Baby may have the disadvantage that they are not offering the same frequency as the competition is out of NCL and LBA on the same routes. We will see if the operation is "doin just fine mate" after we see the results at the height of the summer season - then we can discuss!!

By the way, your comment about my location made me laugh and only made you look arrogant and small minded. If you knew my background you would know I am more than qualified to talk about issues surrounding northern English airports. Don't make assumptions you know nothing about. As this is a mature discussion forum, fact, fiction and opinion is what is expected - that is the point of it! Whether you like it or not I will still make comments on Teesside. Feel free to make discussion about Berlin airports, I welcome it! In future, please keep your destructive remarks for the playground, not this discussion forum.

onion
14th Feb 2004, 01:13
Paul my point was 737 5 times a day compared to A320 3 times a day. I know that bmi regularly turns people away on flights out of teesside because the aircraft is full. Plus the fact that Newcastle has all them London services must say something..... passengers are there. I know people who travel upto Newcastle from the Teesside area to fly down to London. Actually I think one of the main reasons why they cut capacity was to enhance European destinations out of Heathrow as these on a whole are more lucrative than UK destinations. Also in the year or two before they cut capacity bmi played around with the scheduling to justify the cut.

Bombardier I don't know anything about Berlin airports and so can't comment. I know abit about business and PR and know the tricks but what I stated was fact. I know also that it will be many months before you can judge whether they are here to stay. But on the other hand your original comment was, I think in my opinion a bit harsh and you would of done well to explain it as you have done. Remember all things have to start somewhere and if they had put three aircraft at Teesside people would of complained that daily services (bar belfast of course) to such destinations that will be served as over ambitious so no one can win.
I think you may have been small minded on this fact. Can't people like you accept the good news and be happy for the airport???? A bit of support for all involved.