PDA

View Full Version : Astraeus 757 Advertisement???

jmc-man
6th Feb 2004, 02:28
I see each page has a little text advertisement for 757 pilots for Astraeus. Is this for their own aircraft or are they recruiting for someone else?

And if it's for themselves, isn't this a bit of a change in direction?

Stan Sted
6th Feb 2004, 05:29
I hope this means further expansion for Astraeus (rock tours a speciality).

Nice to see a great little airline thriving.

Perhaps they want a 75 to carry more Maiden fans ever further afield next time the band goes on tour.

No doubt Ham will be along soon to enlighten us all

cheers

SS

wobblyprop
6th Feb 2004, 05:55
if true, rather sad as one of the FO has left to go fly 757/767 else where because they were 757/767 from brit world days.

Good on 'em though if there is more expansion. :ok:

Curious Pax
6th Feb 2004, 17:27
Where is the new machine coming from (do I deduce correctly that it is just the one)?

Snigs
6th Feb 2004, 18:06
Hamrah, I don’t suppose you’ll be taking on people like me, training them on the 757, and then bonding, will you?

Blimey, I just had a thought, I can remember the time when bonding was a scorching hot topic here on PPRuNe, provoking all sorts of emotions. Just like SSTR’s are doing now.

Ahh, those were the days… ;)

Hamrah
6th Feb 2004, 23:06
This is just one of our various projects on the go at the moment, involving various types and bases. I needed to determine the state of the 757 market for a particular customer, hence the ad.

We are still looking for 737 type rated pilots for our various bases.

millerscourt
7th Feb 2004, 14:00
Hamrah

So this ad for B757 Pilots is just a fishing trip and not a real vacancy. Is that what you are saying??

Hamrah
7th Feb 2004, 15:32
Millerscourt,

We are approached regularly by various companies looking for aircraft/capacity to undertake their flying requirements. When we look at these projects, a point comes where we need to determine crew availability to man the project as it develops.

This particular project is progressing well, and , if it comes to fruition, will need to be up and running for the Summer season. One of the biggest areas to be finalised is aircraft type ( 737-800/B757/A321) With most pilots on three months notice, having a list of potential recruits for positions is as critical to the project's success as having potential aircraft identified.

Any vacancy can only be as real as the project. There are plenty of examples in the industry of advertisements for positions in airlines that are not yet up and running.

We have had a very good response to the advertisement and will be contacting those who applied to check their suitability, and to brief them on the project and possible implementation timescale.

H

MEFLYBE
10th Feb 2004, 01:38
1 757 expected into service May1st

182 seats to operate oil related charters mainly

Regards

Mike