PDA

View Full Version : CTC McApline Assesment Day

simmo252
5th Feb 2004, 21:44
Hi guys,
Does anyone have info on the CTC Stage 2 Assesment Day. What are the computerised tests and the gruop discussion like. Also what is the numeracy test like. Are they just the usual or is there anything a bit tricky invovled.
Cheers
Simm

Bobby Guzzler
6th Feb 2004, 00:07
I think the key to the whole thing is to be yourself - they can see it a mile off if you pretend not to be. You can do all the prep in the world but what comes up on the day cannot be predicted.

Good luck - if you get on the scheme it is the best thing since sliced bread. Everything they have done with me (on the ATP version) is first class and now I'm flying big boys (and girls of course) toys.:ok:

richc
6th Feb 2004, 02:11
I'd agree with Bobby Guzzler. Went down to Dibden nearly a year ago now and they are a great bunch down there. Just be yourself keep up to date with current affairs as they'll probably choose some fairly topical discussion themes for the group activity. COMPASS tests (the computerised tests) are difficult to prepare for as they measure innate capability regarding reaction times, hand-eye-feet coordination, multi-tasking capability and spacial reasoning. There is a maths test so brush up on your mental arithmetic, interpolation, pythagoras, substitution in formulae etc...all tests have time limits!

They are also watching to see how you interact with others such as when you have lunch etc...

Good luck and whatever the result don't give up...I didn't get beyond Stage 2 unfortunately but I'm now on a career break with a well known UK airline who are offering a sim assessment once I've qualified!

simmo252
6th Feb 2004, 22:32
Cheers Guys I have my assesment in a week hopefully I will get somewhere.
Simm

JetSetJim
8th Feb 2004, 00:17
I totally agree with the other comments made here and although I didn't make it past stage 2, I got so much out of the day through speaking to fellow wannabes and the informal, knowledgable staff.

Just a minor point, which may or may not be of use, but the computer programme now being used for the tests is PILAPT, not COMPASS. The only significant difference really being that the use of foot pedals has been scrapped and it's mainly a hand-eye coordination, multi-tasking, spacial & aritmetic set of tests.

Just be yourself and enjoy!